Do special clothes exist for metal detecting?

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
snake boots do indeed exist --they are very commonly used by deer hunters in the south ...and of course you could wear log pants and long sleeved shirt and gloves and a bee keeper type of mesh hat ..you might look a bit odd doing it but if its what makes you happy so be it --just be sure there are no steel toes on your boots when you try to detect ... beep beep beep ...LOL

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pair of new sandals I own has a brand emblem on the sandal and it rings up as a nickel.

Want to guess how long it took me to figure that out lol...

Or how many times I've grabbed my detector while wearing those sandals even after figuring it out?

Or the amount of times I've swept an area after getting a solid NICKEL tone and VDI and then re-swept the area looking for that signal?

Lol...

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Do special clothes exist for metal detecting?" Absolutely they do. For example, if I were to go metal detect an area that I'm not supposed to be in, I wear one of these "Work" outfits. You just gotta metal detect real slow...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170312-101021.png
    Screenshot_20170312-101021.png
    469.4 KB · Views: 176

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not especially, but I have it on reasonably good authority is it preferable to wear clothes while metal detecting.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're worried about snakes, just pick up a pair of gaiters or chaps. If it's not 100 deg. out a simple down jacket with a hood works good! pull the hood up and cinch it up until your nose is all that's sticking up. Pull your hands in and grab the cuffs in. Don't ask me how I know this...........

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pair of new sandals I own has a brand emblem on the sandal and it rings up as a nickel.

Want to guess how long it took me to figure that out lol...

Or how many times I've grabbed my detector while wearing those sandals even after figuring it out?

Or the amount of times I've swept an area after getting a solid NICKEL tone and VDI and then re-swept the area looking for that signal?

Lol...
If you need a good prank, put a spot of contact glue on a penny & stick it in the toe of their boot. Great for getting rid of the friend your hunting partners bring that violate all of the things you just don't do. Oh, if you can't get access to their boots a 1" square of foil between the scuff plate & search coil makes people nuts! Remember folks! Ya just gotta have fun with it!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions