Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried out my new AT Gold today. I've been using a Bounty Hunter LRP and it seemed nice but haven't ever found anything to get too excited over. I've been feeling like I'm missing out so I ordered the AT Gold. Wow what a difference just playing around with it. In air tests the Gold's detection field is much tighter than the Land Ranger Pro. It feels more stiff when swinging and I can actually hear the target size better. The LRP is a nice machine and I know the two are in different price ranges entirely but wow what a difference. The main issue I have with the LRP is the buttons are the flush style and the pinpoint function is worn out. I've had it for about 3 years, not heavily used. Other than that its a nice detector. Searching in my yard tonight I found a silver plated spoon in about 5 minutes with the Gold. I've searched the same area a bunch with the LRP and found a busted matchbox car and stuff like that. I'm very happy with the Gold so far, beautiful detector and functions very well.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the AT GOLD is a fine machine and it will find the gold and silver. for me it was a major step up from the Ace 250 plus I didn't have to worry about getting it wet. my wife now uses mine so I have expanded to the XP DEUS which I love but I still use the Gold quite a bit. good luck with yours, you will love it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread