Fossil digger

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some pics of a fossil sifter I use here in the peace river in Arcadia Fl. I welded it from galvanized steel and the 1/4 hardware mesh is held on by copper wire ties. Works great, found a lot with it. WIN_20170310_20_42_22_Pro.jpg WIN_20170310_20_42_38_Pro.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy that's a blast from the past!! Used to call them beach carts in the day! You might want to consider adding a couple lawn mower type wheels on the back edge. They help a lot for depth control and it's more fun dragging your cart than carrying it. Also if you cut most of the screen off the top it makes it easier to grab goodies & allows you to carry a bucket to your area. Another suggestion is to make a blade for the front that is way stronger than you think you'll need. Make sure you smooth all edges & welds!! Your shins will thank you! Your cart will work around excellent around fire pits in soft sand! With all the nails etc you'll be able to get all the goodies the detectorists won't want to search.

Last edited:

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to hunt fossils in the Peace river. I love that river. Lived in Bradenton for close to thirty years.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I dont think theres any near me eerrr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread