Help me find a good metal detector that fits me! ( newbie )

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Location > Italy ( Sardegna )
Budget > 500$ - 700$

I'd like to be able to search on the land, but as well be able to search on the beach (dry sand (saltwater beach))

Gold, silver, coins, jewelry, relics / artifacts.

I'm thinking about getting the Garrett AT Pro. Is it good? Any detector that could beat it in my price range and my needs?

Attachments

• 20170207_130137.jpg
    20170207_130137.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 61130724.jpg
    61130724.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: I will mainly focusing on the relic hunt. The beach hunt is out of the question! I'll buy a md for the beach later on.

I've made a new thread in the relic forum here

I'd appreciate any help i can get! Thanks!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Location > Italy ( Sardegna )
Budget > 500$ - 700$

I'd like to be able to search on the land, but as well be able to search on the beach (dry sand (saltwater beach))

Gold, silver, coins, jewelry, relics / artifacts.

I'm thinking about getting the Garrett AT Pro. Is it good? Any detector that could beat it in my price range and my needs?

Love the pictures. Looks like treasure hunting paradise to me. I own a Garrett AT Pro and use it mainly for water hunting. Many folks on this sight have that machine and find loads of cool stuff with it. I believe it would suit you well for a beginner machine to get your feet "wet" so to speak. If you start raking in some gold and silver along those beaches you may consider selling off some of your finds to purchase machines better suited for where you want to detect. I bet there are some really old coins and relics awaiting you in your area. Looking forward to seeing what you may find in the future.

OP
OP
M

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with a Nokta Fors Relic! It will be here by tomorrow *excited* :sunny:
Will share pictures of my future finds with you guys!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with a Nokta Fors Relic! It will be here by tomorrow *excited* :sunny:
Will share pictures of my future finds with you guys!

Cool. I am a Nokta Fan Boy and believe you will love your Fors Relic. I run the Makro Racer 2 currently and have loaned my Red Racer 1 to a friend who is loving it. Get some ancient history mate.

OP
OP
M

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I am a Nokta Fan Boy and believe you will love your Fors Relic. I run the Makro Racer 2 currently and have loaned my Red Racer 1 to a friend who is loving it. Get some ancient history mate.

Nice! Got it yesterday, took it out to try it, and wow this thing loves targets, and it loves the small targets even more! Will do some more hunt once the field is plowed. But oh my, i'll definetly try this on the beach next time i'll head over there. I can't wait til my land is plowed, right now the grass is too tall to hunt, its even taller than me and i'm 6,4" lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread