Root Slayer Nomad Shovel

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The ground shark with the rubber step is the digger I'm searching for..
Made by "Lesche" most of our vendors carry it in different lengths .
This one is 32 ".
Gary
Picture 138.jpg

Last edited:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son just bought me one of these Predator Tools Ranger shovels with the D handle and let me tell you it is awesome! I was that old fart with the small garden shovel that would bend and crack and basically drive you crazy but I am too cheap! My grown son recently got back into detecting and got us each one of these babies! Worth the money for sure, immediatly threw the old one away! Thanks son. This is the one the Hoover Boys on youtube use. View attachment 1550866

Awesome tool that cuts well. Make sure you master pinpointing or dig a wider plug or those teeth on that tool will shred your target. It would suck if it gets any coin on the way down...
Cheers

93A95C19-6549-4F8B-BDB7-C090694B7BF0.jpeg

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't seem to locate this digger.. tried EBay.. where can I find one.. Thanks
Greg

I don't think I'm allowed to type in the actual link, but if you go to Amazon type in "Radius Garden Root Slayer Shovel", and lots will populate.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really surprised to see how many people actually use a shovel in a public space.

North of the 49th if you were to get caught using a shovel in a park, you'd get shot.........okay since we are Canadians you'd likely only be shot with a water gun, but still the intent was there! :laughing7:

We strongly encourage people to save their shovels (long handle diggers) for farmers fields, forests, or permission sites. Anything like a school, soccer field or other public space is a no no, and are encouraged (strongly) to use a hand digger like a hori hori knife, or Raptor 31C, or a Lesche digger.

I don't know why you would want to draw undo attention to yourself by bringing a shovel to a public space, but your parks your rules.

cutty

Sep 8, 2004
SE tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome tool that cuts well. Make sure you master pinpointing or dig a wider plug or those teeth on that tool will shred your target. It would suck if it gets any coin on the way down...
Cheers

View attachment 1552546
Pinpointing is a breeze with my DFX with the standard 950 Eclipse coil. I can usually find the coin with my probe on the first or second poke. Whites VCO is a wonderful pinpointing aid. You Whites guys know what I am talking about. The rest of you dont know what you are missing!

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it and its awesome...

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to menards and got a Long Handled Trenching shovel . $12.00 Works GREAT I also sharpen all my digging tools this really helps

mhess22

Apr 24, 2007
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
White's Spectra V3i
White's Bullseye TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that this is a little late for the original poster but I want to put this out there. I bought a Nomad Root Slayer, same as the one above and it is actually an amazing tool! It is way more heavy duty than it looks in the picture and the upside down "V" tip of the shovel cuts through just about any root you may encounter! I have used it to hack through roots that are at least 3 inches in diameter. The only complaint that I have about it is that it is actually quite a bit heavier than I anticipated it being. The entire handle is made out of steel and it becomes a little cumbersome and carrying it around for a few hours, but I would recommend this as an excellent metal detecting shovel!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just getting into metal detecting and have been using a small version of a regular garden shovel. I'm looking around and wondering if anyone else has purchased this shovel and what your thoughts are on it. There are quite a few reviews on Amazon, particularly geared to metal detecting, despite the shovel being designed for gardening. I like the fact that it has a rounded end instead of the pointed end. I've found that on my pointed hand trowel, it's difficult to get dirt out of the hole and figure the rounded tip would make that easier to accomplish.
I don't want to spend $65-$150 for a shovel if I don't have too, especially if i can find something very close to or even better than the shovels on the market specifically designed for metal detecting. This one is $39.99 on Amazon. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any other cheaper alternatives that you like.
View attachment 1524264

Thanks!

Here is one at Kellyco, a supporting vendor, it looks almost identical to one you posted. https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/root-slayer-shovel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread