Grave Digger Tools - Sidekick Digger & 36" Nemesis Shovel

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grave Digger Sidekick, and the Nemesis shovel. :skullflag:

Attachments

• 26904050_1067907783372863_1013035669420915726_n.jpg
    26904050_1067907783372863_1013035669420915726_n.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 609

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just checked out their website , first I heard of them , thanks for posting...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will stick with my Sampson shovel and Lesche trowel or digger

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like pretty nice shovel and digger just looked at their web site and I might have to try one

iWeld

Aug 26, 2017
Warrensburg Mo
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't heard of them before either but they look like solid tools. They didn't leave much details to say what they weigh or materials. I'll be interested to hear what you think of them after you get 'em in the dirt!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a little background on Eric Wallace, the guy who makes the tools:

Industrial Shredders Employee Builds Machines ?From the Ground Up?

"...Eric’s Background[FONT=&quot]Eric started his fabrication career in 2004 upon graduating high school. His first job was at Danco Metal Products, a steel company. Eric started spot welding and inserting hardware in metal. Over time, he advanced and learned how to operate CNC machines. Once Eric had mastered running the 3 CNC Machines, he was appointed as a welding supervisor and received his welding certifications through Danco Metals. Eric managed both the CNC machines and the welding machines during his time as welding supervisor.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eric’s Industrial Shredders Journey[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eric began working at Industrial Shredders 4 years ago as a welder and fabricator. Working at Industrial Shredders appealed to Eric because the role would allow him to take a more 'hands on' approach.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“In bigger companies that I worked at in the past, everyone is siloed into one department or a specific role. Since we operate as a small team, I get to be hands on throughout the entire process. I love that I am a fundamental part of our operation and get to build our machines from the ground up”, says Eric. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many of the machines that Eric and his Industrial Shredders staff create are customized to the client’s specifications.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We have a close relationship with our clients. Our clients can pick up the phone and speak to our welding and fabrication staff. During my time at Industrial Shredders, we’ve created custom machines to shred soft plastics, sheet metal, foam, paper, and more. I enjoy hearing my client’s toughest shredding difficulties and designing custom solutions to solve them”, says Eric.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One thing that Eric loves about his role is his ability to move quickly on projects without the corporate limitations of going through multiple departments to complete a project.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Recently we got a purchase order for a 16 Radial Cutter. Once we got the print approval from our client, we cut the steel and started assembling right away. That is something that wouldn’t happen at a larger company, where it could take days before starting working on the machine”, says Eric..."[/FONT]

FWest

Jun 27, 2017
Detector(s) used
EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the black Nemeisis shovel. I have only had it out once since receiving it late in December. I will say after using it on a rocky beach you will have a real tough time bending it. The handle is a nice size and comfortable to use. The serrations showed no signs of dulling after 6 hours of being stuck in gritty sand and stones. Not too heavy IMO. Very rugged design, square channel adds marginal weight but serious strength.

Looking forward to getting out this Spring and have no doubt it will make some nice plugs and slice though small to medium sized roots easily.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he is not a sponsor then be prepared to have your post deleted as the mere mention of another dealer is enough to give the mods a coronary.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few photos:

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 952
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 368

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a fav. shovel, I can put the boots to it, stand on the handle pressing down to pop the sod plug out. (cu.ft)
What I see with the diggers in a side-side comparison is the "Lesche" is the serrated edge is on the wrong side for the way I cut a plug out, soft butter soils is of no issue, but cutting roots-I start to swear.
Looking at the GD digger it's the way I'd have the edge as digging a xxxx holes in the ground its pretty hard to change ones habit.
Liking the extra support on the shovel and the hand digger, as this can be a weak point.
Draw back for my own person point of view is the wing(part that you would place heel/sole of boot) if this isn't wide enough it starts to wear on the foot.
I had the machine shop weld larger foot pedals on the shovel to really get a good push down into the soils.
Looking good Terry, when you dig a thousand holes report back with an update.

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look to be heavy duty and well made. I will be following this thread, I plan on making a purchase of a nice shovel when taxes come in. All ready have a Lesche digging tool.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The prices of these instruments is so much better than the prices of the Lesche & Sampson - of which I have both.

Last week I misplaced my Lesche (still haven't found it yet), and had to buy another from Amazon, paid $35 for it, felt like I got a deal since I paid much more on the original.

Looks like the Sidekick is built stronger and at $10 less than the Lesche.

Before my new Lesche arrived I was using one of those Hori knives recommended on line as good for digging in the dirt. I got blisters from that Hori knife, and I never did with my Lesche digging far more targets many times. And, the Hori knife? I was always paranoid my grip would slip and I'd be seriously cut.

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
•update•
After several emails to Eric I ordered the blood red Nemesis. It sure was nice to talk to the man that handles the product. Very quick email replies and after a few emails I felt as if I knew him personally.

If any one is on Facebook you can look up grave digger tools and read his reviews.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone share his email? I don't do the FB thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread