Grave Digger Tools - Sidekick Digger & 36" Nemesis Shovel
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Grave Digger Tools - Sidekick Digger & 36" Nemesis Shovel

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    26661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Grave Digger Tools - Sidekick Digger & 36" Nemesis Shovel

I just ordered the Grave Digger Sidekick, and the Nemesis shovel. Any current users out there with opinions on these tools?

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    26661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Grave Digger Sidekick, and the Nemesis shovel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26904050_1067907783372863_1013035669420915726_n.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	1538800  

us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    1058 times
    Metal Detecting
    just checked out their website , first I heard of them , thanks for posting...

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    806 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I will stick with my Sampson shovel and Lesche trowel or digger

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    364 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Looks like pretty nice shovel and digger just looked at their web site and I might have to try one

us
    Mr.

Aug 2017
    Warrensburg Mo
    AT Pro
    55 times
    Haven't heard of them before either but they look like solid tools. They didn't leave much details to say what they weigh or materials. I'll be interested to hear what you think of them after you get 'em in the dirt!

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    26661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Here is a little background on Eric Wallace, the guy who makes the tools:

Industrial Shredders Employee Builds Machines ?From the Ground Up?

"...Eric’s BackgroundEric started his fabrication career in 2004 upon graduating high school. His first job was at Danco Metal Products, a steel company. Eric started spot welding and inserting hardware in metal. Over time, he advanced and learned how to operate CNC machines. Once Eric had mastered running the 3 CNC Machines, he was appointed as a welding supervisor and received his welding certifications through Danco Metals. Eric managed both the CNC machines and the welding machines during his time as welding supervisor.
    Eric’s Industrial Shredders Journey
    Eric began working at Industrial Shredders 4 years ago as a welder and fabricator. Working at Industrial Shredders appealed to Eric because the role would allow him to take a more 'hands on' approach.
    “In bigger companies that I worked at in the past, everyone is siloed into one department or a specific role. Since we operate as a small team, I get to be hands on throughout the entire process. I love that I am a fundamental part of our operation and get to build our machines from the ground up”, says Eric.
    Many of the machines that Eric and his Industrial Shredders staff create are customized to the client’s specifications.
    “We have a close relationship with our clients. Our clients can pick up the phone and speak to our welding and fabrication staff. During my time at Industrial Shredders, we’ve created custom machines to shred soft plastics, sheet metal, foam, paper, and more. I enjoy hearing my client’s toughest shredding difficulties and designing custom solutions to solve them”, says Eric.
    One thing that Eric loves about his role is his ability to move quickly on projects without the corporate limitations of going through multiple departments to complete a project.
    “Recently we got a purchase order for a 16 Radial Cutter. Once we got the print approval from our client, we cut the steel and started assembling right away. That is something that wouldn’t happen at a larger company, where it could take days before starting working on the machine”, says Eric..."

us
    Jun 2017
    EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
    51 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have the black Nemeisis shovel. I have only had it out once since receiving it late in December. I will say after using it on a rocky beach you will have a real tough time bending it. The handle is a nice size and comfortable to use. The serrations showed no signs of dulling after 6 hours of being stuck in gritty sand and stones. Not too heavy IMO. Very rugged design, square channel adds marginal weight but serious strength.

Looking forward to getting out this Spring and have no doubt it will make some nice plugs and slice though small to medium sized roots easily.

us
    Dec 2012
    Twin Tiers NY
    XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
    463 times
    If he is not a sponsor then be prepared to have your post deleted as the mere mention of another dealer is enough to give the mods a coronary.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    26661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    26661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    A few photos:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0287.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	1541820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0288.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	1541821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0289.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	1541822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1541823  

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    38883 times
    Relic Hunting
    I have a fav. shovel, I can put the boots to it, stand on the handle pressing down to pop the sod plug out. (cu.ft)
    What I see with the diggers in a side-side comparison is the "Lesche" is the serrated edge is on the wrong side for the way I cut a plug out, soft butter soils is of no issue, but cutting roots-I start to swear.
    Looking at the GD digger it's the way I'd have the edge as digging a xxxx holes in the ground its pretty hard to change ones habit.
    Liking the extra support on the shovel and the hand digger, as this can be a weak point.
    Draw back for my own person point of view is the wing(part that you would place heel/sole of boot) if this isn't wide enough it starts to wear on the foot.
    I had the machine shop weld larger foot pedals on the shovel to really get a good push down into the soils.
    Looking good Terry, when you dig a thousand holes report back with an update.
    Terry Soloman and A2coins like this.

Dec 2017
    11 times
    Best one i ever had.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170811_161133-01.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	1541901
    3cylbill, A2coins, pepperj and 1 others like this.

us
    Jun 2016
    Mass
    Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
    156 times
    They look to be heavy duty and well made. I will be following this thread, I plan on making a purchase of a nice shovel when taxes come in. All ready have a Lesche digging tool.
    Terry Soloman and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    20544 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    The prices of these instruments is so much better than the prices of the Lesche & Sampson - of which I have both.

Last week I misplaced my Lesche (still haven't found it yet), and had to buy another from Amazon, paid $35 for it, felt like I got a deal since I paid much more on the original.

Looks like the Sidekick is built stronger and at $10 less than the Lesche.

Before my new Lesche arrived I was using one of those Hori knives recommended on line as good for digging in the dirt. I got blisters from that Hori knife, and I never did with my Lesche digging far more targets many times. And, the Hori knife? I was always paranoid my grip would slip and I'd be seriously cut.
    Terry Soloman and pepperj like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links