pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a couple of sites that just cry to be sifted but the labour behind a project that I have in mind.
Well the mind has dreams, but the body is thinking i'd better get a better idea.

So has anyone built a mechanical sifter/shaker/screening plant that is small enough to trailered to a site.
I would like to have a unit that either I can run off the PTO on the Ford 3000 tractor, or gas driven and then using the loader on the tractor to feed it.
The one site would be 2 acres at tops, sand loam over pure sand, other sites are clay.

Not ruled out a Trommel type of set up, but was thinking of screen/mesh set up.

So does anyone have a plan/set up/ideas?

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can goggle ( Jeff Catlin soil sifter ) not a long video but it can give you some ideas, we build one years ago into the bed of a Toyota truck it was ran with a winch motor and oscillated much like a train wheel in action ,filled it up with a bobcat worked pretty good . we used expanded metal for the screen but if i ever do one over i will put hardware mesh over it to.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the tip I'll have a look at the video.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here you go Jim...
I saw archeologists using this attachment on a site a few years ago, seemed to work well as you could change out the screen sizes. :thumbsup:
Runs off a skid steer faceplate, which I happen to have access to. :laughing7:

Dave

Remlinger's PFM Series 700 Screening Bucket for skid-steers loaders is suitable for landscaping, farms, industrial uses, golf courses, baseball fields, beaches and other applications for digging, loading and carrying larger materials.

• Screens dirt, gravel, sand, demolition debris, large rocks and other materials to prepare sub-grade surfaces by compacting and screening at the site
  • Can also be used to screen bedding material
  • Quick-change replaceable screen cloth available in various opening sizes
  • Ffits most skid-steer loaders with bi-directional auxiliary hydraulics
  • Simple, rugged design results in minimum downtime for service and maintenance

Attachments

• REML_Screening_Bucket.55f855872db99.jpg
    REML_Screening_Bucket.55f855872db99.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 79

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been thinking about this as well. The thought I came up with was a frame with a sifter hanging on springs with a vibrating motor attached to it. Could be built for like 150-200 bucks.My plan was to make it to fit my truck bed so it pulled out and legs folded down. That will have to wait until I A: have time and B: have money.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here you go Jim...
I saw archeologists using this attachment on a site a few years ago, seemed to work well as you could change out the screen sizes. :thumbsup:
Runs off a skid steer faceplate, which I happen to have access to. :laughing7:

Dave

Remlinger's PFM Series 700 Screening Bucket for skid-steers loaders is suitable for landscaping, farms, industrial uses, golf courses, baseball fields, beaches and other applications for digging, loading and carrying larger materials.

• Screens dirt, gravel, sand, demolition debris, large rocks and other materials to prepare sub-grade surfaces by compacting and screening at the site
  • Can also be used to screen bedding material
  • Quick-change replaceable screen cloth available in various opening sizes
  • Ffits most skid-steer loaders with bi-directional auxiliary hydraulics
  • Simple, rugged design results in minimum downtime for service and maintenance

Thanks but your toy box is too expensive buddy, I don't have enough 000000's in the toy fund.:laughing7:

I could fit that attachment onto the Ford 5000 as I have a dual hydraulic drive system, so I'm open for a long term lender.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ive been thinking about this as well. The thought I came up with was a frame with a sifter hanging on springs with a vibrating motor attached to it. Could be built for like 150-200 bucks.My plan was to make it to fit my truck bed so it pulled out and legs folded down. That will have to wait until I A: have time and B: have money.

Option A: Can't buy any of that it seems, there's only so much available on the clock.
Option B: For that amount I'd be on it pretty fast. Though the construction of the unit has to be rugged as I'm not a gentle operator of machinery.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Option A: Can't buy any of that it seems, there's only so much available on the clock.
Option B: For that amount I'd be on it pretty fast. Though the construction of the unit has to be rugged as I'm not a gentle operator of machinery.

This is very true of you Jim... "I'm not a gentle operator of machinery".
I saw what you did to the lifting arm on your tractor.:laughing7:

Dave

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

This is very true of you Jim... "I'm not a gentle operator of machinery".
I saw what you did to the lifting arm on your tractor.:laughing7:

Dave

You shall not be telling half truths of this forum sir! It was "ARMS".:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread