Container for small find

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm bored out of my mind recovering from this knee replacement so I got my hunting bag out to get it organized. One of the items I carry with me all the time is a couple snuff cans.
These are amazing for keeping my small items in. I also carry one at the beach when I looking for sharks teeth. Being plastic with a tin lid they are extremely lite and being only about an inch think the fit in my pocket comfortably. The lids stay on very well. I used to use medicine bottles to put my finds in but dealing with the lids was a pain and they didn't fit in my pocket at all.. Any convenient store carry's a cheep brand of snuff for about a buck 50. Peel the label off and you have a great coin container for your car of truck as well. I keep a couple in my boat for fuses and small zip ties. Happy hunting and springs almost here.

snuff can.jpg

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to take a lot of medications. They come in different size bottles. They work really well too and don't take up much room in the pouch either.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope the knee gets well soon. My wife has had both knees and both hips (total replacements) in the last 2 years. Just getting over the last hip surgery. I feel your pain...:notworthy:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get well soon! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
lookingharder

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to take a lot of medications. They come in different size bottles. They work really well too and don't take up much room in the pouch either.

I agree, I used them for years but larger 2" items wouldn't fit. I found the snuff cans will hold a 2 1/2" item, Really handy for larger sharks teeth plus they fit in my pants pocket much better too. Thanks for the well wishes with the knee.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm bored out of my mind recovering from this knee replacement so I got my hunting bag out to get it organized. One of the items I carry with me all the time is a couple snuff cans.
These are amazing for keeping my small items in. I also carry one at the beach when I looking for sharks teeth. Being plastic with a tin lid they are extremely lite and being only about an inch think the fit in my pocket comfortably. The lids stay on very well. I used to use medicine bottles to put my finds in but dealing with the lids was a pain and they didn't fit in my pocket at all.. Any convenient store carry's a cheep brand of snuff for about a buck 50. Peel the label off and you have a great coin container for your car of truck as well. I keep a couple in my boat for fuses and small zip ties. Happy hunting and springs almost here.

View attachment 1551353

002.JPG Your bored.That makes 2 of us:(

OP
OP
lookingharder

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang RTR, that's some impressive hardware your wearing. Hope your not going to have to wear it too long. Its getting warmer in Virginia.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife found these for me at the dollar Tree. One set of two tins for a buck. I put the coins on top of one for size reference.

IMG_2556.JPG

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice tip buddy, keep up the mental exercise at least

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang RTR, that's some impressive hardware your wearing. Hope your not going to have to wear it too long. Its getting warmer in Virginia.

Yeah next doc.visit is next week.Been a loooooong 6 weeks.Rest up.Spring is coming:)

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use a film canister with a little tissue in it to separate coins so they don't rub on each other.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a small metal or plastic worm holder for fishing- they fit on your belt and are easy access to your hands for putting in small items. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread