Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
ProFind 35
Minelab Equinox 800 (just sold)
Minelab Vanquish 540
ProFind 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using Eagle headphones (i have two sets) with my X-Terra. They are extremely uncomfortable and the cord on both pair is too short for me. Any recommendations? Maybe something with larger ear muffs and longer cord? Back when I was using Garrett detectors (and headphones I don't recall having this problem. I have an Equinox on order so I won't have a cord problem with it but I would like something better for the X-Terra.. thanks

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have you looked at the Grey Ghost headphones? I have and use a set of the GG Original headphones and really like them. They are truly the most comfortable headphone I have ever used and I have been using headphones now for some 35 years off and on. These phones are lightweight and the ear cup pads are well padded enabling you to comfortably wear these for extended periods of time. These are also made with no metal parts to cause rusting. What I like about the Originals is that there is a toggle switch that you can switch off and cancel the sound when you are using a pin pointer and it will not cause any interference between your detector and pin pointer. Grey Ghost has quite a few different models to choose from. They are a little more pricy than the average phone, but they are well worth the little extra money in my opinion. I have had mine for about 5 years now. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

OP
OP
the_curmudgeon_fossicker
Jan 17, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
ProFind 35
Minelab Equinox 800 (just sold)
Minelab Vanquish 540
ProFind 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..awesome.. this is what i needed, some recommendations. Have never used Grey Ghost but will definately check them out. I plan on going to Kellyco soon (where i bought the Eagle) and will try on a pair if they sell them. Had Garrets for years but doubt they make the same model. I just need to try and buy.. thanks again

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe that Kellyco sells the Grey Ghost headphones. If you live close to Kelly co that would give you a chance to see and physically try on the different GG models and other makes as well. Again, best of luck to you and HH.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a lightweight Phillips SHS5200 phones. They fit behind your head, resting on your ears like a pair of glasses.
Don't sweat in them, and wear them, without inhibiting using any hat, and can hide nicely under a stocking cap in winter, too...!
The cord is maybe 4-5 ft long and is VERY forgiving - hard to tangle, best I've played with, ever...! :thumbsup:
Try them...!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought these a couple weeks ago.Their extremely comfortable,lightweight,and plenty of cord. 006.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use Grey Ghost NDT. They fit great and come with one extra cord that can be replaced if one fails. :icon_thumleft:

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate wearing cans, and just have them around my neck and turn the volume up.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might think about replacing the ear pads to the gel type pilots use instead of replacing the whole headset. also if you sweat a lot use a cotton cover on the pads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread