Ideas on a digger pouch. - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Ideas on a digger pouch.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Don

Feb 2016
    Missouri
    macro racer 2, whites mx5, trx pinpointer
    983 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Found a Freeloader finds bag at colonial in Camo. Expensive and doesn’t look like a man purse.
    Ouch I felt that jab.:laughing:
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Mar 2013
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3416 times
    Metal Detecting
    I use a load-bearing suspender system, that has several pockets or pouches/bags, that I can slide to reposition them, dump bag for junk and a tactical bag for dodads like more water and food. See my profile pic. I carry a lot, but am far away from truck...!
    Davers likes this.
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Some where out there
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / ORX / Simplex+
    8182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmo View Post
    Ouch I felt that jab.:laughing:
    Lol! Wasn’t aimed at you. Yours looks like a computer bag. I was more referring to the ones with accent trim.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Sep 2019
    18 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Trying to get hold of freeloader but he doesn't seem to be very responsive so looking at alternatives. Anyone tried one of these? What are they like?

https://www.amazon.com/shrxy-Detecti...C7GFERAJ4DKNZP

us
    Detector Enthusiast

Nov 2019
    Long Island,NY
    Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
    112 times
    Metal Detecting
    I use a tactical side pouch. The kind that soldiers wear. It has loops and straps for attaching gear, large interior pockets for finds and trash, and it looks cool- not to mention, the durability factor.
    Tom
    Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro (BlackMax 950, BlueMax 600)|Garrett Pro Pointer AT|Whites 120mm Pinpointer|Whites Digmaster

us
    Jun 2019
    Maine, formerly NJ
    Teknetics Patriot Bedliner on DD Coil
    39 times
    Metal Detecting
    While I REALLY like the multiple pockets on my Duluth Trading Company Firehose Duluthflex Cargo pants, I gotta say that I really also DONT like the residual dirt in my pockets. While I still do wear the pants, I have started using a drop leg military canvas drop leg pouch. It has a couple of pockets, so there's no more dirt in my pants pockets(easier on my Ruger LCP). My DIGGER drops right into the large finds pocket, and a little creativity with the stitching and a razor has resulted in a Fab pointer holster. The rig attaches to my belt and then the lower portion of the bag buckles around my thigh. I have carried near 20 dollars in coins recently on one outing and discovered that the weep holes sewn into the bottom of the bag do funnel dirt and moisture out. It cost me a whopping 12 bucks in like new condition at Maine Military in Brewer Maine.
    Honor my wife so God hears my prayers.
    Cast the crowns at the feet of my King.
    Avitech Associate...Cygnus, THE 21st century detector...for the 21st century.

us
    Oct 2018
    NE Ohio
    Minelab Equinox 600 & 800 Garrett AT Max Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
    939 times
    Freeloader made a very nice bag, and I was hoping to buy one from him in 2019. I know what it takes to make a bag, because I do some sewing myself, mainly various types and styles of bags, and protectors for my metal detector control heads. I decided to retire in 2019 and enjoy life some more, and ultimately I broke down, spent the time and effort, and made my own finds bag. Like a lot of folks here, I went through the bags from Home Depot and Lowes, only to be disappointed. My son has a small sideline business making Dopp kit bags, so I told him what I wanted to do, and he gave me a bunch of his drop off and end of roll material. I made the first bag from cheap cotton duck to see how I liked the tool placement, and then made the next one putting my digger and pointer back to back...it’s that way because of how I hunt.
    My detecting buddy wanted one, so I made one for him that didn’t have the frills I put on mine.

Here’s the prototype from cotton duck fabric on top of the goodies he gifted to me...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF3CC6C2-65C7-424B-901B-D95827967D97.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	1788633

Here’s the modified version that I’ve been hunting with for the last couple of hunts. It actually has too many bells and whistles incorporated in it, but it fixed the problem of coins slipping between the bag and me because of the original bag had two belt loops that would bunch up, creating a gap between my hip and the bag. You can see the quick fix on the first bag to alleviate that, and then I made a one piece loop for the belt so it could not happen again.

Name:	98778E29-4BE0-4D50-9EF6-72FDB815BD4B.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	1788638

Then I couldn’t find a belt that I liked, so I made one by folding three layers of 1000D Cordura on itself, and used the hardware from a belt that was made from soft cotton webbing.

Name:	87D51434-5AA9-4445-96F0-33AF84F600D8.jpeg 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	1788639

Yesterday I made a version that’s simpler. It incorporates a pointer pouch with a hand digger pouch on the same panel, a coin pouch that has the bottom half made with heavy coated mesh so that dried dirt can sift off and into the bottom of the bag, and a front zippered pouch with a heavy duty YKK zipper. Inside that pouch is a loop for a carabiner so I can put my van keys in there if I want to. There’s also a loop by the pointer to attach a lanyard. The next bag I make will have these loops replaced with D-Rings. The loops are actually a pain to work with.

Name:	B23F3519-1287-4D71-8EF4-6C0CA2002D2E.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	1788641

The point of this is that you can probably talk someone who sews into making a bag for you, or make one yourself if you’ve got access to a sewing machine. These bags are 8” wide x 4” deep x 11” tall...that’s the finished dimensions. I took them to my club meeting last night, and a lot of the people thought they were too tall. But I made it tall because I dig a lot of trash, and have had to stop hunting to find a garbage can or take the trash back to the truck. That won’t happen again!

Now I’m going to make mesh bags for me and Mama when we head to Florida in three weeks. Hopefully that will keep the sand to a minimum in her Santa Fe Sport.

Happy hunting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BA3B9AA-AA06-480C-A7DE-982CEB1B2EC6.jpeg 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1788630  
    Last edited by JoeVal; Jan 10, 2020 at 08:27 AM.
    MikeRo, RustyGold and SD51 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Some where out there
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / ORX / Simplex+
    8182 times
    Excellent job on the creation of a finds bag Joe. Thanks for showing us!
    SD51 likes this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Mar 2018
    214 times
    Naw man...that's just a "Man Purse"... Just jealous I guess...

Got-Good-Tones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links