Recommendation needed

307Hunter

Aug 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Howdy from Wyoming. I ran across this site doing a search for metal detectors and am in need of a recommendation for my specific use. I did some searching and was not able to find specifically what I was looking for as my application is somewhat unique. I am looking for a metal detector to find pieces of metal in piles of wood chips. Occasionally pieces of metal end up in the wood chips I receive and I would like to be able to run a detector over them to find and remove them before they are processed further to avoid damaging equipment. The pieces of metal I occasionally run across are large coin size or bigger and I would like to be able to detect 2-3 ft into piles. This will allow me to scan a pile, load a few scoops with a skid steer, and then rescan as I dig deeper.

Any suggestions on what type of detector would be well suited for this application?

Thanks for your time.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard. Take a look at Sub-Forums: Wyoming for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
With the depth you wish to reach, probably a pulse induction detector (PI).

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

OP
OP

307Hunter

Aug 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard. Take a look at Sub-Forums: Wyoming for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

I have never done any treasure hunting but once I buy a detector I may have to do some. I have come across some old homesteads in this part of the world that would probably be fun to look over.

Thanks

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great post do shopping try em out ask questions

A2coins