Ditching my Lesche for a $6 Digger? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Ditching my Lesche for a $6 Digger?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2012
    1036 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As mentioned several times above the split end was the killer for me. Even in the playground chips it would fail. It does have a very good handle but I just got a mtn bike handlebar grip and replaced my lesche's grip and now it works great. I have the whites as back up.

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett Ace 400 Garrett Pro Pointer
    2328 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieSoprano View Post
    Had a similar one from Fiskars. Blade detached from handle so I got a free replacement from the store. Had a buddy weld one blade layered to the other, got rid of the cheap plastic handle and underneath was a lame handle if you could even call it that. He then welded about 8 inches of 1 inch pipe to the mini footrest, so added a pic tee for a top handle for comfort. Then I ground off the double tip forming a slight point
    Cut notches BOTH siDrs. Looks like Mad Max. And cuts plugs almost as good as a full sized shovel. If O could post pics you cannot believe how thick the blade is. I put all 210 pounds of me on it to test a pop on a plug. It LAUGHED at my weight. And now....I am gonna make a shovel...an EVIL shovel.
    I had one of those Fiskars a while back. Tip snapped in no time at all......junk

us
    Jun 2019
    Maine, formerly NJ
    Teknetics Patriot Bedliner on DD Coil
    18 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clad2Silver View Post
    I had one of those Fiskars a while back. Tip snapped in no time at all......junk
    Yes. It WAS junk until I layered the blades together and added the galvanized steel handle with the cpvc top. Like a completely different animal. I seriously believe I could now pry a door on a car open with it. And since I sharpened and serrated both sides it cuts a plug pronto! If you or anyone likes pm me. I will text you pics as I don't know how to post them. You could in turn post them. Thanks, Rich
    Honor my wife so God hears my prayers.
    Cast the crowns at the feet of my King.
    Teknetics Patriot.
    All them coins!

us
    Dec 2017
    Northeast Ohio
    Garret ACE 300 and AT Pro-pointer Bounty Hunter Quicksilver w/ Pinpointer (Backup)
    51 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    yeah steel quality and proper tempering can not be done for that price. I am the destroyer of all shovels. Rocks, clay, roots, and so forth. I have purchased several(4-5) similar low price items of different manufacturers and all have failed. My lesche and whites hand diggers are the only ones that have lasted. Most break right where it joins with the handle, a few have snapped off the tips, None held an edge or any sort. Also have tried the same for larger shovels. The lesche and predator are the last ones standing. I destroyed several hardware store brands and the whites ground hawg for larger shovels.
    Although I do agree with you, he got it from marcs. Marcs sometimes sells things dirt cheap, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhat good quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links