First VLF Multi Freq/combined with DEEP PI in How many Modes??? Under $1000??

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, WE WISH!!! That is My Wish anyway, I >Know< why the Makers will/DO NOT Make one. Is there a Technical Problem to combine the two even if you had to switch out coils etc?

So, Gentlemen and Ladies? and those more expert in the inner workings of our Main tools that make us dig, I Believe the FIRST MAKER to put out such an Ultra Usable unit would Have THE Most Sales ever recorded in Metal Detectors and Leave many makers In the DUST.

What Do YOU Think? Is Deus coming out with such a Unit? Minelab? Garrett?? I have an Uncle, an Electrical Genius, who has Built devices for Military that some said could not be done, scrambler/descramblers that are current use, point is there are advances in the world of engineering that we will never know about, Kept hidden from us for the sake of FUTURE SALES? How about National Security= reason some secrets are kept from the public.

Lets Talk about this, Please. :hello:

OP
OP
G

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VLF is Very Low frequency, Many Late models use Variable frequency with it to be more effective, examples are Fisher Gold Bug, EQINOX(Multi freQ) DEUS?Whites MX Sport.. single freq (Which Bums me out)...

Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes. i have a TVLF vlf equipment. but i dont know how to use it yet that much. all i know is the scanner for the water.

but the manual says it can be used for geo-resistivity . the tvlf has a tilt mode and resistivity mode.

tvlf equipment also can look for gold ores for mining companies, according to the manual.

how can this tvlf be used for treasure hunting?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 243

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, WE WISH!!! That is My Wish anyway, I >Know< why the Makers will/DO NOT Make one. Is there a Technical Problem to combine the two even if you had to switch out coils etc?

I was designing this exact detector at White's. See patent US9285496. The first proto was single freq but it was easily extended to MF. If not for the patent (that I wrote, ironically) I'd be continuing this work at FTP.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, I am not an electronics expert. With that tidbit out of the way, I started detecting in the 1970's and have been there, done that and bought all the hats and t shirts available.

I use a VLF (very low frequency) machine. I have two right now. An XP Deus I affectionately call "killer", and a Tesoro Cibola which these days is my beach and back up machine. I have owned PI machines.

The VLF machines are the best in most situations. Parks, battlefields, lawns, etc. They have the ability to discriminate out iron and other junk and some places you will almost know what's under the coil before you dig it.

They are the main workhorse of the metal detecting industry.

The PI machines are for a specialized more limited use. They are best used for retrieving metals out of salt water and in places like deserts where there would not be a lot of junk metal in the ground. They will reach significantly deeper in most soils than a vlf machine but as a rule will not discriminate, so I have seen guys at Civil War digs where the fields have been pounded before use them. I have also seen those folks bring out a 5 gallon pail of iron trash with 15 minie balls for a few day's work. That is not for me. The ideal used for a PI machine would be gold nuggets or meteorites in the desert.

I doubt anyone will combine the two. The addition of a REAL discriminator for a PI machine just isn't out there.

OP
OP
G

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is SO Cool Carl, I will have a close look at the patent, do you think that Whites might come out with it or would they sell the patent? OR Could You advance the game any and make a New patent above your previous work?

I appreciate you jumping in here Karl.

OP
OP
G

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes. i have a TVLF vlf equipment. but i dont know how to use it yet that much. all i know is the scanner for the water.

but the manual says it can be used for geo-resistivity . the tvlf has a tilt mode and resistivity mode.

tvlf equipment also can look for gold ores for mining companies, according to the manual.

how can this tvlf be used for treasure hunting?

REN, I am not familiar with that equipment, But Any Equipment can be used more or less only limited by the Imagination when it comes to treasure hunting.

I would check with the Maker of your unit and see what they say, Best of Luck to you.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is SO Cool Carl, I will have a close look at the patent, do you think that Whites might come out with it or would they sell the patent? OR Could You advance the game any and make a New patent above your previous work?

No, White's isn't about to sell the patent. I'm looking at a lead on prior art that might give me an opening to restart the effort. You can't invalidate a prior patent just by advancing on it. If you could, patents would be worthless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread