ORX
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to a thrift store,goodwill store and buy white jeans,who cares if the size is a little off,theyre work pants.why spend the bucks on clothes youre going to beat up.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting clothing? Yes, I wear clothing while detecting. I have two pair of tan heavy twill khaki pants and whatever shirt I just wear at the time. I don't own any camo, but 1 hat I can't seem to find at this time.

I hate ticks! Had two bites this year. Nothing bad happened. Best thing is to wear a repellent and check extremely carefully when you get home.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't walk in the woods or fields here in summer. Only winter, and then really hose my pants down with Deet. I spray my waste, the skin and clothing, and then the rest of me as well. There are really tiny ticks here, that you wouldn't see no matter the color of fabric. I know, I've had them all over me before. I've had the larger ticks, have had them attach several times, and got sick as heck once. It's a calculated risk. Summer is off limits because of the chiggers. They are the worst!

Wear what's comfortable, and what you can get dirty. Save your money.

I once invited a guy I worked with to go salmon fishing with me. He showed up in at least a few hundred dollars worth of Cabela's "fishing" clothing. Zip off pant legs, Gore Tex, ventilated solar neon blue shirt with zip open arm pits, ventilated cape back, long billed hat, a very colorful jacket, etc. I showed him how to bevel cut the heads off of the herring. I was happy to see some fish blood on those pants.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree wholeheartedly. Ticks and No shoulders are no friends of Georgia Relic Hunters in the summer season, as well as extreme heat and humidity. Most of our hunting in the woods here is done during the winter months.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hip boots & Deet 001.JPG

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anymore, summer months I pretty much stick to parks in early morning hours. Woods, tall grass fields? early spring, more so Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. Ticks, fleas, poison Oak/Ivy, snakes etc. I'm more of a sissy now, and I'm OK with that. I like it.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My new hunting pants are Taclite Pro Pants by 5.11. Very comfortable. You can get them at the 5.11 web site or amazon.com.
FA0B09EF-9A4A-4144-B7C7-779A140D04B1.png
7E84335C-4F81-471C-8721-5484A26EBE89.jpeg

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought me a pair of these especially for detecting. Mascot.jpg Mascot "Almada" Craftsmen's Trousers.(Look up Mascot Workwear).Pockets for goodies,trash,pp,etc. and D ring for pp bungee . The knee pad pockets are large enough to accomodate my Ergodyne knee pads. Great fit,65% poly-35% cotton and very comfortable.Prices vary around the internet,got mine from Amazon for $55.00

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really disappointed!! Saw your title and thought I was going to see a real good tutorial on what coil to use and how to set up my detector to find new clothes out in the boonies........... All I got was a mensware catalog........:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For larger ticks it helps to tuck one's pants inside your socks to mostly seal up that area of entry.

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought me a pair of these especially for detecting. View attachment 1694982 Mascot "Almada" Craftsmen's Trousers.(Look up Mascot Workwear).Pockets for goodies,trash,pp,etc. and D ring for pp bungee . The knee pad pockets are large enough to accomodate my Ergodyne knee pads. Great fit,65% poly-35% cotton and very comfortable.Prices vary around the internet,got mine from Amazon for $55.00

Like these.
Looking for my size now.
Goodbye, molle belt.
Thanks.

Pete E

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2019
North Wales, UK
Detector(s) used
Macro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have these Duluth pants with knee pads built in that work very good

Also does anybody know of good quality kneepad to use with jeans too ?

Thanks
Scott B

I like the builders style pants also...I use some by Dickies which have cordora faced pockets on the knees for built in knee pads...One thing I have done though is removed the "elephant ear" pockets that hang on the waist...

In winter I wear a pair of bib n brace style waterproofs over them which keeps the worst of the mud at bay..

With regards knee pads, have a look at the military surplus Blackhawk ones...they are about the best I have tried but still no where near as comfortable as pants with built in knee pads especially in the warmer weather...

Last edited:

halfstep

May 11, 2010
I like to wear bibs. They stay up and have roomy legs. A loaded pouch wants to pull the pants down and I don't like dealing with that all day. Bibs are cheap and work great for metal detecting. Some even have knee pad pockets so you can slip in a piece of foam to cushion the knees for hard rocky ground.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I hate it when I get ticks on my radar...

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you’re worried about ticks, wear a pair of women‘s pantyhose under your pants. They are a good protection.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Not too experienced at putting them on. :hello2:

gw

Last edited:

BillyBixler

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2018
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You my friend have way more money to spend than you need, the rest of us shop the thrift shop for ours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions