Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have spent this winter repairing,rebuilding and adding new tools to my metal detecting arsenal.After much reading and internet searching,I decided to get and modify a trenching shovel.In my research I found that there are two types of trenching shovels,one being the "trench digging spade" with a 28º angle blade and in 12-13ga.The other is the general "trenching shovel" with a 35º angle blade and usually in 14ga.Both come with a 3"-4"-5" or 6" wide blade.I then did a search for a 4" and 28º with the 12ga blade and found a Corona trencher that fit my needs.Next I searched for one at a good price.Most were in the $24-$35 range(one seller I found was wanting $81.99 for it).THEN,I found this trencher($19.99 on sale) --same as the 4",only with a 5" wide blade:
https://www.sherrilltree.com/tools-...ch-digging-shovel-5-in-head-fiberglass-handle
Received the shovel/spade today and am very pleased with it(HD).I will cut the blade to 4" wide,then shorten the handle and install a T made of PCV fittings.Just wish this damn snow would melt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread