BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I currently own a Garret Propointer AT and now it triggers whenever the tip is placed in water.

I am now searching for you opinions on what pinpointer you really like? I have been considering buying the Minelab PF-35, the Fisher F-Pulse or getting another Garrett AT.

I will be using this in saltwater and sand.

I realize some do not use a pinpointer especially on the beach but my eyesight is failing and my detector is heavy :laughing7:

Thank you,

Golden Oaks
Steve

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My vote goes to the f-pulse. Last I checked, only $99US on Amazon.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My Garrett Carrot has been with me for 5 years, and NEVER a problem with it. On a bench test it activates at about 2 1/2" away. But in the dirt I do believe it goes much deeper - up to 5". I'd say the halo from ground conditions contributes to that.

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Golden oaks have you ever ground balanced your Garret Propointer in the water? To do so be sure it is off, then have it touching the sand or dirt depending where you are digging then turn it on while doing so. By doing this it will ground balance to the conditions it is put into. Don't give up on the Garrett so quickly it'san awesome tool. I do hope this helps you also.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You ought to call Garrett and send it in. I sent an older propointer in 2 years ago and it came back like new for $42. Had a new housing, new switch, new switch cover, and a new coil installed. Also was a fast turn around, about 5-7 days.

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an F-Pulse when they first came out. Had a bad one from day one. It was swapped by Fisher for a new unit, which also had issues, such as locking up without notice. Not a good thing when you're in a hole and it locks up (same as turns off) and you keep digging frantically trying to locate an item that you've already bypassed due to the pin-pointer malfunctioning. Maybe they've got the kinks worked out, and maybe they don't!!! Either way, if you decide on the F-Pulse (or any equipment), make sure it's from someone who will refund your money if it doesn't work properly. I bought mine here on TN from a vendor who gave me grief when I tried to return it just after I received it, due to it malfunctioning. He wanted nothing to do with a return and told me to contact the manufacturer, which I did. They told me after a few replacements to contact the vendor, which I did AGAIN, and he reneged. I had to shame him on the forum to get him to refund my money on a defective product (actually we agreed upon a swap for a Garrett). Lesson learned!!!

I ended getting a Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Garrett Carrot), which works perfectly every time.

Last edited:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you retune your propointer? Just press the button once and it will groundbalance, I would think it would adjust to the saltwater but I don't really know. Prolly already knew that so sorry if I am captain obvious, but it would stink to find something like that out later on.

Last edited:

FWest

Jun 27, 2017
Detector(s) used
EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the salt water beach I use a tekpoint, same as the fpulse. It's works very well. It's also one of the first units as I pre-ordered it. Zero issues I didn't cause myself.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sometimes folks use pinpointers to probe and dig a bit to much. I know. They will break or short out. Just be careful. Not made for digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions