Took the leap on CFTR. My first impressions.

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My opinion is at the end of my post. So my earlier post was for opinions on the eBay Carbon Fiber travel rod(CFTR )met with a reply about their regular carbon fiber rod. That said I took the leap and purchased the chinese carbon fiber travel rod. This is the description on eBay:

All sizes and lengths are available.
If you don't see the size or length you want just specify at checkout and I will be sure to send to your specifications.
7 day global shipping service.

The travel/storage shaft is delivered to your door with full tracking every step of the way.

4mm lower sidewall for digging in rocks or heavy sand conditions when that extra strength is needed.

It will fit into a suitcase, trunk, back seat, back pack, or fold away for easy storage so its not in the way. Nice and discrete.

No sharp steel edges to slice open you hand. No wood to rot or break mid-hunt. No D-handle to twist your wrist or get caught up in mid-dig (after market optional)

Plugged with white plastic plugs so its easier to see in the water and buoyant.

Assembles and disassembles in seconds using an allen key (provided).

This is the strongest scoop shaft available on the market at a fraction of the weight and cost.

Total weight: 1/3 of a wood pole (0.9lb-1.2 lb depending on size ordered)

1/8th total weight of a steel pole

Each CF shaft comes with the following items.

1. CF shaft 4mm lower sidewall with plugs and sealed. 2mm upper sidewall with plugs and sealed.

Each shaft is laser cut on an angle so that it fits tight and snug into the bottom section of the scoop.

2. 304 stainless steel nut and bolt. The nut and bolt keep the pole locked firmly in place.

3. a pair of gloves dipped in PVC.

4. 1 allen key

PLEASE MEASURE YOUR SCOOP OPENING PRIOR TO PURCHASING TO ENSURE YOU GET THE CORRECT SIZE.

7 year warranty against manufacturer defect.

I searched the Sunspot web site for demensions of their rod but couldn't find any with regards the wall thickness of either the upper or lower portions of they're travel rod.

So now mho about the CFTR I recieved almost a week ago.I checked the fit disassembled and it easily fit in my check-in luggage. I assembled it as instructed will tape up as per instructions on it and the Sunspot travel rod. Guessing sand doesn't do well with carbon fiber. Anyway this thing appears to be a beast!!! It is sturdy, with no signs of weakness or wobble that can be foreseen. Being that it is carbon fiber I have no doubt that it will be durable, strong, robust, and hardwearing in the future years of service it will provide me in freashwater lakes and twice a year in saltwater during my vacations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I should have added a pic so here is one. 20190310_124617.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread