Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you use to protect your vehicle from the mud, dirt and sharp teeth of your shovels?

Bob

A truck bed... but if no truck a canvas sack would work

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use a large tarp folded multiple times to protect the inside of the trunk. :icon_thumleft:

Shooting Star

Mar 3, 2019
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Piranha, so interested as well. Predator Tools does sell a sheath for this shovel, but the photos on their website weren't good enough to sway me to buy it from them.

OP
OP
desmobob

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has tried one of Predator's shovel sheaths... there isn't much of a description or any reviews on the website; just photos. I'm wondering if there is some kind of plastic or Kydex insert in the sheath. I just sent Mr. Lesche an e-mail asking for more information. I'll share whatever I hear from him.

Good hunting,
Bob

Last edited:
OP
OP
desmobob

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has tried one of Predator's shovel sheaths... there isn't much of a description or any reviews on the website; just photos. I'm wondering if there is some kind of plastic or Kydex insert in the sheath. I just sent Mr. Lesche an e-mail asking for more information. I'll share whatever I hear from him.

Good hunting,
Bob

I got an immediate response from Predator. The sheath has no plastic insert. It is made of heavy Cordura and they have not received any reports of the shovel coming through the sheath.

Good hunting,
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions