Best metal detector for Civil War relic hunting.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus if you can get a used one. It smokes the competition.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used Tesoro Tejon with 11" coil. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My grandma struck a deal with me. If I can raise $350, she'll raise the other half of the money, so I can buy a new detector. I would walk through the fields, and find surface bullets, while everyone around me was on a digging bonanza.

I know the Equinox is great for some of those organised relic hunts, and I watch Aquachigger use that AT machine all the time. Matt from Gone Diggin' likes the Dues, but I can't afford that. I didn't even know Tesoro was still in business.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro is not in business. It is hard to break one of their machines. For the DIV digs, most sites have had 200-300 people visit them repeatedly during the years, so most folks now use a pulse induction machine at those digs. Some sites have been hit by the masses more than 5 times each. Trouble with a PI machine is that you get to dig all the iron. Wastes a lot of time and effort.

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tesoro is not in business. It is hard to break one of their machines. For the DIV digs, most sites have had 200-300 people visit them repeatedly during the years, so most folks now use a pulse induction machine at those digs. Some sites have been hit by the masses more than 5 times each. Trouble with a PI machine is that you get to dig all the iron. Wastes a lot of time and effort.

I got the nickname "Rusty" for a reason. I dug every iron signal I could in hopes of finding a bucket of frags.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As you progress, you'll want to move to a pulse induction machine, like a Minelab SD, GP, GPX, or GPZ machine. These are THE machines of relic hunting. :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions