A Kind Gesture

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I was heartbroken after misplacing my Lesche Mini-Sampson about a month ago. For the life of me, I couldn't remember when or where I had it last but I assumed I left it at one of my spots. I was texting an old co-worker yesterday about a spot I shared with him that he hit with his son on President's day. Towards the end of the conversation he told me his son found a bad-ass shovel that someone had left behind and wondered if it was mine?

My shovel was luckily found by his son that I lost over a month ago near the parking lot! I can't believe no one swiped it because it's a pretty busy school area. His son was rewarded with some silver coins because the shovel has dug a lot of stuff for me and had sentimental value! In the words of the great Neil Young "Rust Never Sleeps" so it looks like I have some prep work, priming, and painting to do!

shovel.jpg

Thanks for reading,

-ZiG

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That amazing no one grabbed it it wanted to come back home. Cool post

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got your shovel back! :icon_thumleft:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot, don't knock the patina off of it!!!

halfstep

May 11, 2010
People walk around like zombies with their heads stuck to their phones and never see what is around them. I am always looking for drops and spoils left behind. Glad your shovel made it's way back home. A person can't afford to loose many of those. I have one but with the longer handle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread