Arctic Gauntlet Gloves for Metal Detecting in Cold Water

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

First just want to say I have no business ties in any way to this company, that's me trying on the gloves and want to share with TNET. Also checked with Jeff of PA to make sure it was ok.
I do a lot of wading all through the year here in the northeast and always used gauntlet gloves I bought online after I saw them on tv being used on a commercial fishing boat in Alaska. They may be good for fishing but I found wading with my hands submerged in cold water constantly my hands would freeze. My hands sweat and I couldn't wear warm gloves underneath, they were too small. also the sleeves were too tight to wear a coat/sweatshirts under.
These Arctic Gauntlet Gloves are big enough to wear cotton and/or fleece gloves underneath to insulate my hands from the rubber glove and still be able to hold a detector and have a reasonably good chance of picking a find from my sifter basket. The sleeves have more material in them that I can wear a medium weight jacket or sweatshirt and still be able to bend my arm without worrying about splitting the seam.
If you're looking for these type of gloves for working in cold water/snow/hunting/fishing etc I think these are the best choice of all the gloves I've owned.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently got a set from Carter, Best gauntlet gloves I've ever seen..very well made and seem to be more flexible then the older thinner type. And I do like the fact the glove are XXL which makes it easier to wear snow gloves under. NO doubt the best made for water hunters wearing waders in the colder waters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions