Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I have a detecnicks pINPOINTER p.i. oRANGE ONE AND i love THEM, BUT.....
for some reason, every single time i put in a fully charged energizer battery, a few secods later, it knocks itself off! I've had this happen on all 3 brand new pinpointers.

BUT, EVERY single time I use a Duracell Duralock rechargeable battery, absolutely ZERO problems.

I've tried 3 different pin pointers of the same model, coz i love them, tried 3 BRAND NEW FULLY CHARGED Energizer 9v ones and goes off all the tine, as in switches off...sometimes 2 seconds, sometimes 10....BUT NEVER with the Duracell Duralock 9v.

I know simpleand short answer would would be to not worry, Just stick to what works...TRUE, but for a 3rd tie i've LOST my one and only 9v Duralock...lol.

I am Just sooooooooo curious as to why they would seem to hate one make over the other?

Sure there is someone who cn explain to this thick Welsh Taffy WHY? What's going on..lol!?

Anyone?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I figured I would point you to the company support for an answer. So, I searched Google and found Deteknix is gone! Just got sued by its competitor and "...a newly established trademark – Quest Metal Detectors...). If you jump over to Quest Metal Detectors you will see your Pointer. I would send them an e-mail or perhaps post your concern on their forum. Personally, until you find the issue - I would simply stick with Duracell Duralock.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check voltages on the different batteries Im thinking you'll see a difference in voltage from one battery to the other...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions