Securing Pinpointers That

Fossil4Life

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Securing Pinpointers? Need Lanyard Advice

I have a Minelab ProFind 25 and I want to be able to attach it to a lanyard then to a belt or clip so I don’t lose it.

1) What options exist, since this pinpointer doesn’t have a lanyard loop to attach a lanyard to it?

2) What’s everyone’s go-to for a lanyard for their pinpointer? What should I be looking for in a lanyard?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google" pin pointer lanyard rings " you can see quite a few different options, just hit shopping and it will bring some up.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Sunray is attached to the detector with a coax cable (it uses the detector batteries & display.

But I see there are folks who make an insert for the ProFind with an attachment point that the battery cover holds in place. Pretty slick.

s-l64.jpg

mikeymetal

Greenie
Sep 1, 2020
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1) What options exist, since this pinpointer doesn’t have a lanyard loop to attach a lanyard to it?
2) What’s everyone’s go-to for a lanyard for their pinpointer? What should I be looking for in a lanyard?

It's too bad your pointer doesn't have an attaching point built-in. It looks like you can find thin rings for attaching a lanyard on 3rd party sites like eBay. I foind something you could find by searching "SECURITY RING FOR YOUR MINELAB PRO FIND 25". (not mine and I have no knowledge of the quality of that product)

I wanted a lanyard that's easy to remove on the pointer end, and which is stretchy so it's not too long when it's not in use. I bought this lanyard a couple weeks back and so far it works excellent on our Garrett Pro Pointer. I already had a leather belt loop with a key ring. I slid that onto the detecting belt, attached the split ring on the lanyard to the split ring on the belt loop, then used the spring gate on the pointer itself.

The coil is very flexible and bendy. The pointer easily lays on the ground while detecting and digging, but there's no way we can walk away and lose it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread