Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pouch from Xtreme Scoops. I like it.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually wear a fishing vest when detecting. (Google "fishing vest" and they all kind of look the same). It has a bunch of pockets, which allows me to segregate "top pocket finds" from the garbage. My vest's pockets are deep enough to even hold my pinpointer and turf digging tool so I don't need their belt holders.

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mascot.jpg MASCOTs This is what I use,with pockets for everything, including knee pads

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pouch I think was a small electricians pouch from Lowe's. Works great and holds pin pointer, probe tool, small digging garden trowel. one pocket for junk, one for treasure, lol. Was 8 or 10 bucks.

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro deleon,compadre , silver micromax,bandido
Haven’t posted in quite some time.
I just received a park ranger bag from colonial, and I got to say I’m 1000% satisfied! I appreciate quality and believe me when I say that there is litterally not a stitch out of place. It’s a thing of beauty and feel it is a bargain for the price. I totally understand that people weigh price with quality so I get buying a pouch for $25 and calling it done. Still might get a bag from the other gentleman on here making them. (Digbags) on Etsy.
Kris

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m pretty satisfied with the low price solution....I’ve been using a basic canvas 3 pouch nail apron for years. Simple and ties in the back, adjust over what ever I’m wearing, no hassle. Less than $5 and sorts everything the way I like it, junk, keepers and maybes. It has a hammer loop that my digger hangs in, each pouch is big enough for my probe. I generally carry my digger and probe in my free hand anyway. When it’s dirty i throw it in the washer every now and then, looks like new.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I have a couple i use. One is the Garrett digital camo pouch. It has the strap on the outside for the Garrett pinpointer holster, which is good. Has a big main pouch and then a zipper compartment to put the good finds in.

I got the mesh pouch from Kellyco when I bought the equinox. I like it because it has two huge compartments and its easy to drop a coin in one of the huge compartments. The faster I can stow a find the better and get on to the next target, so I like the big compartment finds bags. I also have a little holster zip pouch for my smartphone that has 2 compartments and I sometimes use on of the compartments for coins.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Chinese People's Liberation Army surplus mail pouch.

It's big enough to hold trash, a couple of tools, and a smaller inner pouch for keepers.
At the end of a hunt I just turn it upside down and shake the dirt out.

Attachments

• IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 522

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually wear a fishing vest when detecting. (Google "fishing vest" and they all kind of look the same). It has a bunch of pockets, which allows me to segregate "top pocket finds" from the garbage. My vest's pockets are deep enough to even hold my pinpointer and turf digging tool so I don't need their belt holders.

Great minds think alike. Been using a fishing vest for years!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use a Chinese People's Liberation Army surplus mail pouch.

It's big enough to hold trash, a couple of tools, and a smaller inner pouch for keepers.
At the end of a hunt I just turn it upside down and shake the dirt out.

USA will be soon issuing to all American citizens as part of new stimulus package.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Where is the Tnet member that made and sold the Park Ranger and the Pack Mule pouches? I love mine.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the tesoro brown pouch that I got back in 2005. Still holding up but the canvas is getting thin. I have a couple more bags but I always go back to old faithful.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys must not be hunting really trashy areas. Either that or you are not carrying out your trash. I don't dig a lot of cans but I still dig some. I can't imagine trying to put cans in a fishing vest or nail apron. Do you also carry a trash bag or do you just not carry them out?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shopped at a Home Depot around tool belts, pouches etc. Found something with four pockets all made of leather that works just dandy, added a nylon belt with quick release buckle and good to go...and to mts's question about trash? I kind of wondered the same thing. I also carry a small white plastic bucket with wire handle. Carry out all trash no matter where I detect, parks, fields, woods wherever. Old habits.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a pic of me with Web gear suspender/load-hauling "system", that I cobbled together.
It has BlackHawk suspenders, with a web belt, and canvas canteen bags distributed around.
Holds all my "stuff", and then some...!
willamina_house_1112.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread