Is there a strap or a harness or something to help carry your detector while hiking?

AmericanGeode

Nov 23, 2020
Cleveland, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out this past weekend with my detector, and pretty much wherever I go, I will be surrounded by low trees and shrubs as I am in the North Georgia mountains. Is there a strap, something you can wear, that is fit for you to carry your detector on your back, or along your side?

I could partially take it apart, but I really need to have access to it at all times when I am out.

Any suggestions for the best way to carry your detector without breaking it down and putting it back together out in the field? I welcome tips, and I welcome links to products if they exist. Thank you very much.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google metal detector backpack the first picture is a harness that helps with swinging (take weight off your arm) but you could buy two straps that would attach to the front and go over each shoulder in a V to a clip to hang it down your back. But I think it would swing and hit your legs when walking. They also show backpacks where you could break it down to carry it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know TreasureHunter used to use something.... perhaps he will shed some insight.

I have had something similar but have never used it... yet anyway.

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are after-market shotgun slings with looped ends that fit over the stock and barrel without the need to drill/tap a sling swivel screw. They're pretty cheap, around $10-15 I believe.

Jamie Rullestad

Dec 3, 2020
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a single point rifle sling from Amazon that serves the need quite nicely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread