long range detectors

s1chmoe

Apr 1, 2008
i recently posted a post asking what you all think about the long range detectors. for some reason, the topic was removed (probably had it in the wrong thread) has anyone here ever used any of the type of metal detectors that supposedly can detect gold etc from20 to 100 yds away, if so, do they actually work? thanks

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. They do not work. If they did work all the gold within 100 yards of the surface would have been dug out by the gozillion people who bought them once they proved success. Gold does not "emit" anything, so the range it can be detected is limited to the range your unit can project and, more importantly, receive and interpret a return signal.

The only "gold" they bring in comes to the unscrupulous marketers of such devices in the form of hard earned money sent to them by hopeful investors.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie wouldn't steer you wrong on this. The people that read the lies told by these advertisers only rake in money from the wishful dreamers. If you really thought these methods work, ask yourself why are they wanting to sell me the info or detector? Why not clean up on the treasures themselves.

Sorry, there is no free lunch.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Listen to Sandman and Charlie, long range locators are scams. They don't even allow posts about them here, thats how bad a rep they've got!

This post will probably self destruct shortly like the last one. :D

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I wouldn't destroy the topic. It is good to know what scams there are out there, so members do not get caught up in them!

OP
OP
S

s1chmoe

Apr 1, 2008
thank you for the info, i am not going to purchase one after reading this. I agree, this post should stay up so no one else gets scammed. appreciate the advice and multiple answers. Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread