Inexpensive Hand Held Pinpointer

MD Detector

Greenie
Jul 6, 2008
Only 5 questions or requestions for the min. pinpoint probe

1. the probe waterproof or not
2. the Sensitivity *** 1.2~ 1.4 inch testing USD 25cent
**** 0.05 inch testing pin of Ø0.035 inch, length 0.1
3. luxury belt mountable holster for easy carrying the smallest probe in the world
4. comfortable cottom rope to prevent dropping when detecting in a narrow hole
5. has white LED touch which can be use in the darkness at front of the probe

above 5 points maybe ignore by the end users but we must accept the truth which one the the best
in the current detect probe market
:D

Attachments

• MD2002B.gif
    MD2002B.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 6,300
  • MD2002B.gif
    MD2002B.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 6,338

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi MD Detector,
No these do not have "comfortable cottom rope to prevent dropping when detecting in a narrow hole".
That is their downfall I am sad to say.
I don't think the top part is waterproof either.
Maybe they need a plastic bag over them?
I think these are made in China and I think you have a competing product.
Wish you luck with all the fees and stuff you have to go through.
I am sure yours is a better unit.

michiganbutcher

Apr 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, got a card in the mail telling me it is on back-order. :( I will probably get it just before the snow flies.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Had one for a couple of months now...never used a pinpointer before...love the light for night hunting. Picked up another one for my brother last week. When i bought mine the store had about 20 on the shelf. When I bought my brother's it was the last one in the store. Maybe these are catching on?

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They aren't very well built and mine lasted 2 weeks. Waste of money. Took a bunch of my clad to the bank, deposited it into my metal detecting, elk/deer hunting and truck stuff account and ordered a Garrett Pinpointer. Couldn't be happier.

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008
johnnycat said:
They aren't very well built and mine lasted 2 weeks. Waste of money. Took a bunch of my clad to the bank, deposited it into my metal detecting, elk/deer hunting and truck stuff account and ordered a Garrett Pinpointer. Couldn't be happier.

I got to agree if you can afford to spend more the Propointer makes the Harbor Freight Cen-Tech seem like a cheap toy. But I've used the Cen-Tech and if you're short on funds it's not bad for the price. It helps to do some mods that others have suggested like sealing the tip. Guess you could cover it but the depth is already pretty lousy, I don't know that you'd want to lose another fraction of an inch. I've also used the Treasure Mate and the Pistol Probe and like the Propointer better than both although you can't really compare it to the Pistol Probe which has at least double the depth as the Propointer but isn't nearly as handy to use. One thing that is a positive for the Treasure Mate if you plan on keeping it a long time is it is made by Tesoro and has their lifetime warranty. The way my pinpointers get banged around they seem to have frequent repair issues.

nowwhat

Jun 1, 2006
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic lll
picked up the cen-tech hand held M/D today in the rain from Harbor freight, they had 4 in stock at a store south of b'ham al., 14.95. now if the rain will stop and it dry's out I'll give it a shot. It looks good but time will tell. I'll provide some feedback later. Thanks Jeff for the tip.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought several and gave them away except two I kept and one that quit working. Everyone who saw mine wanted one or two for their very own! I'm sure the price will go up since they have become so popular. Monty

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
i picked 1 of these up yesterday at there albany n.y store.it was there last 1.also picked up a nice set of knee pads for $4.00.that stores great for us detectorists

OP
OP
Jeff In North Georgia

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I use mine with an Explorer II. Even with the White Bullseye, you can't have the detector and the probe too close together and on at the same time.

Jeff

staceysallaboutu

Jul 9, 2006
Fonda, New York
Detector(s) used
White xlt/Minelab Quattro
I ordered 2 took me awhile to get them also but i did. With Both they worked great at first then started giving false readings then died. On both of them the top red wire in the button was broke under the tape like cover. Just gave a slight tug and knew that was the problem. I reattached the wire and retaped it. they both are working fine..

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL Ya'll are keepin Harbor Freight in business :laughing9:

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of these but I must say that my Garrett Pro Pointer works so much better!

barqy

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2010
is anyone nearby a habour frieght willing to pick one up for me?

i will pay for the cost + ship + your time

please let me know!!

GreatWhite00

Sep 7, 2009
Cleveland ,Oh
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
barqy said:
is anyone nearby a habour frieght willing to pick one up for me?

i will pay for the cost + ship + your time

please let me know!!

They can ship it to you. I had mine shipped and it came in a few days.

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
prospector40 said:
I bought one of those about 3 weeks back. Mainly cause a fellow MDer I was with had one. It worked well for him so I figured I would get one and try it. It seems to be ok, but I have to be careful when I am using it. If its within 3 feet or so of my detector, my minelab will make all kinds of noises, beeps, grunts, static and so on. I dont think it will cause any damage to my minelab. I emailed minelab about it yesterday, still waiting for a response. If any one is close to Erie PA, you can get one at the harbor freight there. When you walk in the front, go to the left wall of the store. Its in a locked case in the middle of the store (along the wall)

I'm about 15 miles west of Erie. I ordered mine on line. Guess i should have made the trip into Erie. LOL

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
I ordered one about 5 days ago. I'll let you know what i think when i get it

HH

Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread