Fiskars Garden Knife

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing looks like a freakin' Klingon toothpick, minus the gore!

I purchased mine at Target, for what I thought was a closeout price of $7.99. I'm pleased to say I found it elsewhere for about the same price on line!

This thing is TOUGH!

116203_front200.jpg

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Thanks for the tip on the trowel. WOW! You use a R.B. SPD? not many other users of that machine. How's it working for you? Joe

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will back this one up mine was bought at target and is a great tool :thumbsup:

OP
OP
airborne1092

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention - it's aluminium and welded. Prolly the only drawback would be repairs (expensive to weld.) However it's inexpensive enough to simply replace.

RE: the RB SPD - I got it from my Grandma after my Grandpa passed away. They bought it new, iirc, about 20 years ago or so. I still haven't figured out if it's out of tune, or it's just sensitive and tunes out junk after a few minutes. I was just emailed the manual from BH.

I like it so far - I like the fact that it's low tech and the user can manually tune it. It leads me to believe it may be more sensitive with user input. I'm a conspiricy theorist by nature and I believe most MDs (because of the tech is basically the same) are the same and the MD manufacturers DE-tune them for the cheaper models.

I hope that makes sense!

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i got mine on sale at the local jumbo hardware store for 4.00 this spring it was a sale for spring you might need to put some 2 part epoxy in the handle mine came out of the handle one time never again i fixed it

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
airborne1092 said:
Forgot to mention - it's aluminium and welded. Prolly the only drawback would be repairs (expensive to weld.) However it's inexpensive enough to simply replace.

RE: the RB SPD - I got it from my Grandma after my Grandpa passed away. They bought it new, iirc, about 20 years ago or so. I still haven't figured out if it's out of tune, or it's just sensitive and tunes out junk after a few minutes. I was just emailed the manual from BH.

I like it so far - I like the fact that it's low tech and the user can manually tune it. It leads me to believe it may be more sensitive with user input. I'm a conspiricy theorist by nature and I believe most MDs (because of the tech is basically the same) are the same and the MD manufacturers DE-tune them for the cheaper models.

I hope that makes sense!

Airborne, Is that a picture of "OLE GUS JIGGINS" on your profile pic. Thats classic material!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I use this same knife for almost 2 years now and I love it. Hubby tries to take it from me and I tell him to go buy his own!!! I paid $9.99 for mine at Target, but that was back in 2006. I think I'll get another one as a spare (or incase hubby takes mine again and doesn't tell me! >:().

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Target still sells them....I got one for hubby for Christmas (2009)...under 10 bucks!

khouse said:
They have a lifetime warranty. If you break it you can get another one.
They sure do....CyrptoDave broke his and received a replacement...he's the one that told me about this awesome digging tool. Love how it works around roots!!!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Handle came off on mine; I called and they
sent out a new one.

Took the old one and glued handle back on, been
fine ever since.

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

revdrlon

Apr 19, 2008
owensboro, ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land star
this thing sucks to dig with, i went through 3 in one day and switched to the ames planters buddy and have not had any problems with it.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one 2 years ago :icon_scratch: I wonder where it is ???

OP
OP
airborne1092

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG people -

I'm sooo sorry! I totally forgot about these older posts! Shaw - you still around!? Yes, admittedly, when I chose this avatar, I only knew it was Will Ferrell as a prospector. I had NEVER seen that skit before! Now, I just watched it, I'm choking half to death from laughing! OMG - that's great!

So true - I AM the old prospector in the unit, and I'm now in Afghan-i-stan! All these young kids know me as the old guy, loosing his hearing and knows me as the guy who always talks about old coins, gold, silver and minerals/gems! LOL

When I was in Idaho, I had some issues admittedly. I really had forgotten about a lot of these older convos, half of them I don't even remember posting or replying to. Mea Culpa.

:dontknow:

P.S. My Fiskar broke too, I don't think I even thought about a warranty, I just figured I was way too rough on it in that rocky Idaho soil... :(

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
airborne1092 said:
OMG people -

I'm sooo sorry! I totally forgot about these older posts! Shaw - you still around!? Yes, admittedly, when I chose this avatar, I only knew it was Will Ferrell as a prospector. I had NEVER seen that skit before! Now, I just watched it, I'm choking half to death from laughing! OMG - that's great!

So true - I AM the old prospector in the unit, and I'm now in Afghan-i-stan! All these young kids know me as the old guy, loosing his hearing and knows me as the guy who always talks about old coins, gold, silver and minerals/gems! LOL

When I was in Idaho, I had some issues admittedly. I really had forgotten about a lot of these older convos, half of them I don't even remember posting or replying to. Mea Culpa.

:dontknow:

P.S. My Fiskar broke too, I don't think I even thought about a warranty, I just figured I was way too rough on it in that rocky Idaho soil... :(
sorry but fiskar is toro caca after breaking 2 now. shame on me fur buying the 2nd 1. 8)

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine for over a year and love it. Never had any problems with it. Also bought this for a couple bucks. It comes in handy scoopin the dirt...and its all plastic.

005420368.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread