Hot wheels collectors

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep.. books are your friend.. and having allot of them.. But you have to realize what the books says a value for a particular car is, is not what someone is willing to pay for it.. There are a number of hot wheels clubs and even a hot wheels registry. (online) But if you cars are just from the 90's, chances are they aren't worth anything now.. and typically if you have a full set.. (the year cars 12 in all) can go for much more then just a single car. Also damaged cards.. can detract the buyer.. Treasure hunts or (TH) for short.. can bring about $10 - $15 dollars.. They use to bring much more, but I've noticed a drop in prices.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to laugh at you guys until I started seeing these things sell for incredible prices at flea markets. Rare, not rare, red line on wheels, no red line, they all sold. Amazing. Your 90's will sell too, I bet...

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a diecast collector for years ...about 3 years ago I had a house fire and lost over 30,000 diecast cars....I rebuilt some of the collection but not nearly what I lost....If you know what to lookk for diecast cars can be pretty valuable to other collectors....like anything esle you have to do your homewoirk though....

As far as a site for values...try this South Texas Diecast - Hot Wheels Casting Guide / Checklist/ Price Guide

Its not all emcompassing but will give you a genral idea of values...Good Luck....Shorty

chenty

Nov 4, 2012
missouri
Detector(s) used
BT IV, ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, Just snoop'en around and found this thread.
I agree with Shorty Buckshot, any time I look for a value I go to South Texas Diecast
I still pick up a few now an then. I have maybe 1500 or so not worth much but hay I like'em.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as anything else eye candy always helps and of course quality.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a diecast collector for years ...about 3 years ago I had a house fire and lost over 30,000 diecast cars....I rebuilt some of the collection but not nearly what I lost....If you know what to lookk for diecast cars can be pretty valuable to other collectors....like anything esle you have to do your homewoirk though....

As far as a site for values...try this South Texas Diecast - Hot Wheels Casting Guide / Checklist/ Price Guide

Its not all emcompassing but will give you a genral idea of values...Good Luck....Shorty

A great site to look up all the cars I still have , tho most are pretty beat up & from the 1977-1982 range.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread