1969 hot wheels "indy eagle"

Ace pro

Apr 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT PRO and Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image-2095461574.jpg
    image-2095461574.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 407

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Having been a hot wheels collector for many years.. I've found that many of these cars can sell for on wards and upwards $10,000 granted it was the Pink VW bus with surf boards.. and it was still in the original package. Your car is what's known as a typical or common car back then.. If the colors was slightly different cherry red etc.. it would have been more valuable. I've since left the collecting, acquiring more then 3000 cars.. I've learn that tis a hard hobby to keep going.. The average collectors tend to beat me to the punch. gaining access to stores back storage areas just to get their hands on what's known as "treasure hunts" these are very rare cars that Hot wheels makes in limited productions.. Again an average or common car would have a production run or about 10,000 (apporx per unit) but the treasure hunts (change of colors or designs) would be run at about 1,000 per unit. Again my estimates are off.. but I was giving you a for instance. The red line are the most desirable.. I've even witnessed an event, where a sealed box of 1968 cars was found in an old sunoco station left up high on the shelf. The owners simply thought the box was some sort of auto parts thats been there since the 60's. granted they had to xray the box.. but nothing of any real importance was found.. true the box contained red lines.. but not the all exclusive pink VW bus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread