Play Money

smyle_b

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks! New to the site, looking for some guidance. We have come across some old play money in a box of papers my father-in-law bought as part of a lot at some auction. It is "Western Play Money" from Grimland Inc. dated 1948. There are $5 and $10 "Buckaroos" denomiation bills. As we know nothing of antique toys and collectibles, I was hoping some of you could clue us in. I know there is a collector's market for this type of thing, but ... 1) is it worth enough to bother with selling or should we just give it away 2) is it worth more because it is the paper bills as opposed to coins which last longer 3) where is the best place to find someone who will love it and be as tickled to have it as we were to find it?

Please do not misunderstand, it's not that we're looking to make some quick money off it or anything. We want to find somebody who will love it and be really tickled to have it. But we also don't want to give away (to strangers) something that's really valuable. Make sense?? Any feedback you can provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread