trying to find year of truck/trailer

lspencer001

Mar 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello. I started collecting toy trucks. I have a Louis Marx & Co. truck/trailer. it has the plastic one piece tires and wheel combo with "Louis Marix & Co. and Made in USA" printed on the side walls. the truck/trailer is 21" long by 6.25" high by 4.25" wide. trying to find the year and the production run on this truck. any help would be great.
IMG_20150304_193620.JPG IMG_20150304_193559.JPG IMG_20150304_193536.JPG

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to say exactly what year this was produced, but it was made sometime in the 1950's. One search I did on Ebay said 1953, but that's just one person, so you can't be sure. One interesting thing I noticed about this one is the white doors on the trailer. If you go on Ebay, you'll see the others have red doors. Also, try cleaning that dust of with a damp rag, it will let the lithographed colors pop out more, because all that dust is hiding the colors underneath. I also saw how you had the Wyandotte truck. That one is 1940's to 1950's. It's a nice one, and has great colors. It did originally come with hubcaps on the wheels, and if you look at the wheels on yours, they appear to be missing. (see it all the time) If you got anymore trucks, I might be able to help you out a bit on them too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread