URGENT - Fellow detectorists in NYC need your help

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
Attention all detectorists.

We have an urgent request for all detector hobbyists. The NY/NJ Task Force needs our help with their fight against the NYC Parks Commission. We need an e-mail and phone call campaign starting Monday, Feb.2, 2009 and going every day until you read here to cease the action. That they have agreed to meet with the task force. Please remember that this could be your city, town, or state. We have to stick together and not let anyone take our hobby away from us. This particular case is discrimination in that Metal Detecting is the only thing banned in these parks. We have enclosed the e-mail and phone # and the information that we received from the Task Force.

To make it easy and keep us all on the same page; below is a suggested guide of what
should be said when calling or emailing Adriane Benepe or Tupper Thomas. All we need
are calm level headed calls voicing our displeasure.

Commissioner Adrian Benepe (212) 360-1305 or (212) 360-8111
<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Prospect Park Administrator Tupper Thomas (718) 965-8951
mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]

- I am calling to voice my concern about the closing of Prospect Park to myself and
others who enjoy the hobby of metal detecting. I would like to speak with Commissioner
Benepe / Tupper Thomas.

(the odds of getting transferred through to them are slim to none so you will be voicing
your concerns to an "assistant").

- The NY/NJ Task Force speaks for me and I understand they have requested a meeting with
NYC Parks to discuss Prospect Park but the Task Force has been denied a request for a
meeting with the Commissioner. I am calling for answers and I would like some assurance
that the public officials will work with our Task Force and not discriminate against our
hobby.

Thankyou,

Mark Schuessler
FMDAC Alliance Liaison

OP
OP
M

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
The parks department has scheduled a meeting. Set for next friday. Please hold your contacts for now. I will let you know the results of the meeting.

Thankyou to all who helped out.

Mark S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions