Laws and more laws!! Meant to be broken??

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
There is too many!!!!? I was looking at a site on the general laws of mass and there are tons!!? There is a law for basically everything you could think of....Just looking at a few lists i have broken over 20 laws :o? None related to detecting yet ;D? Surely some of these are ment to be broken! i mean some are just dumb...I bet everyone here has broken at least one stupid law and you dont even know it....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Laws and mroe laws!! Meant to be broken??

90% of ALL laws are on the Books to Make Money for the State, County & City.

IF the Penelty Is Just a Fine, You Can Be Assured That's why it's there.

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Most of them are all fines and short jail time for like a month or two. But i added them up and i would be in jail for like a year lol :D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Jake? :D

ONLY IF YOU GET CAUGHT? ;D

I had a Friend Once, SAW GOD, became a Jahova & turned himself in for Killing a Bird out of season.

? Ended up Paying a Fine & Loosing Hunting Privlages? :D

? ? ? ? ?I COULD HAVE SLAPPED HIM, But I just Laughed? :D

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
jeff of pa said:
turned himself in for Killing a Bird out of season.

? Ended up Paying a Fine & Loosing Hunting Privlages? :D

? ? ? ? ?I COULD HAVE SLAPPED HIM, But I just Laughed? :D

toooooooooooooooo funny!
ROFLMAO
(~.~)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the LAW ?

In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.

:P

=================
Looks like this one needs to be re-Written

Town records may not be kept where liquor is sold. .
=================

it needs to be changed to

LAWS may not be written where liquor is sold.
:D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its only breaking the law if caught..... ::) ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is freakin hilarious! How about- 1)Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal!
2)Women may not expose thier breasts while performing topless dancing.
3)Citizens may not be caught downtown without having at least $10.00 in thier pocket.
4)Doors of all public buildings must open outward. NOTE-There is a reason for this and it makes sense.This one still holds true and most all doors open outward in the State.Do any non-Floridians know why this is so? Here's some more-http://www.bitoffun.com/stupid_laws_Florida.htm

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
This is freakin hilarious! How about- 1)Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal!
3)Citizens may not be caught downtown without having at least $10.00 in thier pocket.
4)Doors of all public buildings must open outward. NOTE-There is a reason for this and it makes sense.This one still holds true and most all doors open outward in the State.Do any non-Floridians know why this is so? Here's some more-http://www.bitoffun.com/stupid_laws_Florida.htm

The only Benifit to opening Outward I can Think of is,

Fast Escape During Fire.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
In my small Arkansas hometown there is a law (still on the books, so I'm told) stating that all trains entering or operating within the city limits at or after sundown must have a man walking in front of them, carrying a lantern.

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
jeff of pa said:
diggummup said:

Fast Escape During Fire.
You're exactly right, Jeff! If there's a fire, people will "Panic-rush" the door. If it opens inward, the crowd will be pushing it closed. The Cocoanut Grove nightclub fire in Boston, MA, Nov 28, 1942 was the big one that caused that law to be passed. 492 people died, partially because of the inward- swinging doors.
Hey, Jake, I hope you have broken at least one law. In Massachusetts, it is illegal to take a bath during the winter!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RatRacer said:
jeff of pa said:
diggummup said:

Fast Escape During Fire.
You're exactly right, Jeff! If there's a fire, people will "Panic-rush" the door. If it opens inward, the crowd will be pushing it closed. The Cocoanut Grove nightclub fire in Boston, MA, Nov 28, 1942 was the big one that caused that law to be passed. 492 people died, partially because of the inward- swinging doors.
Hey, Jake, I hope you have broken at least one law. In Massachusetts, it is illegal to take a bath during the winter!
Sorry to leave you hanging jeff,I forgot about this . ;D Well that's a good answer and it makes sense too,however that is not the reason for the law in Florida. :) It's because of hurricanes.When a door gets blown in during a storm the next thing to go is the roof .Because of all the pressure inside of the house the roof will actually lift off and fly away if the storm is strong enough, thus causing more damage and injuries.If you lived here you would see that almost every door (residential or commercial) opens outward.Maybe every door,i'm so used to it i've never really noticed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread