mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feinstein, the major proponent of S:21 - the California Desert Protection Act, is at it again - in a bigger and bigger way.

In a couple of days, she will be proposing a bill that will pretty much close off even more of the California Desert. This time, there are some younger folks/groups who will be fighting against her. When I find out their names, I will update.

Until then:

http://www.pe.com/localnews/rivcounty/stories/PE_News_Local_S_desertact30.469078c.html

In case some don't remember, it is the 15th anniversary of the CDPA, passed in congress in the wee hours of the morning, without reading it all, by the way. (I believe it was about 2 am). Here is some info on what they did then.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/newsroom/2009/october/CDPA.html

It is time to united again - and, we also will need to join other like-minded individuals, like the 4 wheeler advocates - etc, not to mention all the people that will be kept from the desert because they are disabled.

B

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish i could tell ya the way i would take care of this but i have to wait fur more of us to revolt. 8)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Have you ever been to the CA desert? It's enormous! Once you get off the beaten path, in any direction, off any road, there's no one out there to care less anyhow, anywhere.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA said:
Have you ever been to the CA desert? It's enormous! Once you get off the beaten path, in any direction, off any road, there's no one out there to care less anyhow, anywhere.
yup Tom its kinda big :wink:

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom-in-Ca

They've already closed off millions of acres.

How many acres are they going to have to close off before you care?

They haven't paid a dime for the last 2.4 million acres - they passed s21, and didn't finance anything, except for giving a lot of money to a big corporation.

B

The "routes" that many cannot find, or some say never existed, have been effectively closed off until they disappeared. Many, many places can no longer be mined - and while you "think" you can disappear into it, I have also seen people hauled off, in handcuffs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread