Kentucky SB 6 bans Metal Detecting

bob knepper

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2008
Owensville, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
LETS GET THE WORD OUT TO PROTECT OUR HOBBY AND YOUR BUSINESS.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/10RS/SB6.htm
AN ACT relating to metal detectors in state parks.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Kentucky

âSECTION 1. A NEW SECTION OF KRS CHAPTER 148 IS CREATED TO READ AS FOLLOWS:
(1) As used in this section:
(a) "Metal detector" means any device that senses the presence of metals; and
(b) "Unimproved area" means any area that has not been changed through artificial means, but does not include a sand beach used for swimming.
(2) A person may not use a metal detector in unimproved areas of a state park.
âSection 2. KRS 148.991 is amended to read as follows:
(1) Any person who violates subsection (2) of KRS 148.051 shall be fined not less than ten dollars ($10) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100), or imprisoned in jail for not less than one (1) day nor more than ten (10) days or both.
(2) Any person who violates KRS 148.029 or Section 1 of this Act shall be fined not less than ten dollars ($10) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100).
(3) Whoever violates, fails, neglects or refuses to obey any provision of KRS 148.610 to 148.780, or regulation, or order of the commissioner may be compelled to comply with or obey the same by injunction, mandamus, or other appropriate remedy; and provided, further, that whoever violates, fails, neglects, or refuses to obey any provision of KRS 148.610 to 148.780, or regulation, or order of the commissioner shall be punished by a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50) for each day of such violation.
(4) Any person who violates any provision of KRS 148.290 shall be fined not less than ten dollars ($10) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100).
(5) Any person who violates KRS 148.290(3), (4), or (5) governing golf cart-type vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, and horse trailers, including administrative regulations promulgated pursuant to that statute, forfeits the rights and privileges, as granted by the commission, of using the vehicle or trailer on State Horse Park property. The executive director of the State Horse Park shall ensure that vehicles or trailers in violation are impounded to the nearest licensed tow company. The owner or operator of such a vehicle or trailer shall pay any and all expenses related to the vehicle's or trailer's towing and impoundment.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
While its sad to see this has happened,but its only state parks As far as I see you people got an extra 30 years. State parks have been off limits in NJ since 1980.
steve

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
This bill does not ban detecting!

At present the regulations specifically prohibit all detecting in KY state parks. This bill would allow it in "improved" areas.

That is the intent of it. I can see that it may not be worded quite right now that I look at it from a different angle.

I have addressed this with the people behind the bill. That would be the group from Louisville who have been fighting a ban in the city parks. I will let you know what I find out.

Mark S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread