laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
This is my first post, I've been lurking for a while for lack of anything substantial to contribute.
I've never been MDing before, but have always been interested in found objects and treasures. I moved to Mass in the fall, and would like to buy a detector and start hunting in the spring. I've been doing research on some potentially good sites in my area, but saw this quote:

"With the closings of public lands in Massachusetts, Connecticut and other areas to metal detectors and in New Hampshire and Maine to sport hunters we must recognize that our rights to public lands are in jeopardy." - from http://www.gsthc.com/index.html (Granite State Treasure Hunters Club website)

...and other vague mentions in other places. But when I went on the Mass.gov site and searched for laws re: MDing, I couldn't find anything. And I've read a lot of posts here from members who TH in Mass. Sooo....any definitive info (or even just personal experience or pointing in the right direction)?

TIA,
Lara

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Hi Lara, Wellcome to the site and Massachusettes. I have never been hassled detecting in Mass. yet. It is however wise to ask permission before going anywhere you feel might be off limits-historicle sites etc. Cladius.

OP
OP
laralucine

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cladius, I will.
Lara