ARIZONA TREASURE LAWS ?????????????

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
after mailing 6 different state agencies that should know, and also 5 detecting clubs in the state, i have yet to recieve an answer of any kind to this question.......any help appreciated........i understand that in arizona, if something/treasure/cache has been buried in this state for over 100 years, if unearthed, even if on private property, it belongs to the state, no questions asked ? is this correct ? i know in some states they have this type law but it only concerns state/public lands and waterways, not private property........ i know the old shut up rule,, but in this case it may be impossible..........thanks for any input.............gldhntr

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
cmon fellas,, i know someone knows something about arizona laws......

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Goldhunter<

Here are some scans from a treasure laws of the USA book I scanned for you. They are from 1992, but have all the appropriate contact information.

Good Luck-Mike

Attachments

• AZ1.jpg
    AZ1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,218
  • AZ2.jpg
    AZ2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,050

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• AZ3.jpg
    AZ3.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 980
  • AZ4.jpg
    AZ4.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 932

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And depending on how far out in the boonies you are, I think this takes legal precedence:

Attachments

• WCIscout.jpg
    WCIscout.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 819
OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
did you see on the news about the fellow selling known/listed artifacts on e-bay that were known to have been in the smithsonian ? he was getting them out of the dumpster behind the smithsonian, and making a fortune.....wonder if the state govt is as stupid as the federal govt ? i bet fla's treasures have been exchanged to private collectors for large amounts of currency instead of thrown in the trash..........gldhntr

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gldhntr said:
i bet fla's treasures have been exchanged to private collectors for large amounts of currency instead of thrown in the trash..........gldhntr

That figures.

They say they're taking treasures so that the public can enjoy them, yet they throw everything into a black hole where it's neglected and nobody gets any benefit from it whatsoever. There should be a law that says if an artifact does not have special and very definite historical or cultural significance, and if it's not going to be involved in an ongoing public display, then it should be returned to the finder within 3 months. That would fix a lot of these problems.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
quote '' They say they're taking treasures so that the public can enjoy them, yet they throw everything into a black hole where it's neglected and nobody gets any benefit from it whatsoever. There should be a law that says if an artifact does not have special and very definite historical or cultural significance, and if it's not going to be involved in an ongoing public display, then it should be returned to the finder within 3 months. That would fix a lot of these problems.''.......................................you would think the detector manufacturers would be fighting for laws like the 3 month thing listed above.....if they {detector manufacturers} would step up to the plate like gun manufacturers do when laws concerning guns are on the agenda, or like rjr does concerning tobacco laws,, then our hobby would be much more appealling, not to mention they would sell more detectors................g

Cpt.Buzzkill

May 12, 2007
Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) Sounds like you answered your own question with a potential recovery. Cappy Z (above) says it best. If you are bound and determined to announce a find...certainly there will be an agency to oblige you and take it from you...for the people, of course.

Dig hard and far...

cachecarter

Greenie
Sep 23, 2009
As far as I'm concerned and in my opinion...Our governments have lost there way and have become greedy arrogant authoritarian thugs. We are a nation of individuals and make up our "Republic"...that means we are each an individual sovereign. We give ourselves to the make up the Republic. We are only under the law of the majority until we say otherwise. Once we pull ourselves away, we are no longer part of the Republic or bound by/to the Republic's laws...in actual theory. The problem is that Lincoln in the "Civil War" changed that and put a gun to our head and said we can no longer withdraw or they will kill us. Personally I do not subscribe to that and will continue to be an Individual Sovereign. Too many citizens believe we are a collective (everything belongs to the public and government)...not me. Am I an outlaw...maybe...But I don't look at like that...I believe I have individual sovereignty...and I will decide what and how much I will share with the abusive collective. It is fine line to follow or not follow the laws passed by the collective. When I hunt and find and it is "Finders Keepers" in my world...it is my choice and others have to decide too. I do not believe they have the right to lock up sites for the elite schools or other special groups who keep me locked out...so they have all the time in the world to collect the loot. If they do not spend any time, resources or brains cells searching and I do it; it is the fruits of my labor not theirs. It is to steal from me as far as I'm concerned. No higher power gave the government or collective a corner on the Loot/treasure market. If I wanted to be ruled by a collective...I would move to one. The laws must be changed and take this excessive power over private property back and put it back into each Individual Sovereigns jurisdiction. www.lostloot-treasure.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread