Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2012
    Prospecting

Prospecting laws in CT

Hi I have a 2.5 Angus Mackirk highbanker, I have tryed to get info from DEEP on the laws of prospecting in CT with no luck. I have used it three time with no problems, but i would like to do it buy the book thanks

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    1793 times
    Banner Finds (3)

I'm not a nugget hunter, but a few things that may help others answer your question: Are you talking about fed, state, county or city land?

And oddly, the answers can vary depending on what you're finding/searching for. For example, sometimes there's cultural heritage verbage when it comes to detecting .... right? But naturally occuring nuggets are not under the over-or-under 50 yr., rule, so would having nothing to do with archaeological garbage. And ... heck, some people are even now meteorite hunting, so they would side-skirt any rules about minerals and such, since, afterall: meteorites come from space, and are not produced from the ground. Or heck, better yet: you're just looking for the wedding ring your wife lost here last week, RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by getgoldct View Post
    Hi I have a 2.5 Angus Mackirk highbanker, I have tryed to get info from DEEP on the laws of prospecting in CT with no luck. I have used it three time with no problems, but i would like to do it buy the book thanks
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3279 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by getgoldct View Post
    Welcome to the addiction from White Plains, New York! I run a gold prospecting school in Arizona, where I grew up. On our BLM page BLM, Bureau of Land Management Office Locations I have listed all of the BLM offices. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), http://www.blm.gov is the agency that can answer your questions. The other suggestion I have, is to join a local club. Google "Connecticut Gold Prospecting Club." Good Luck!

Sponsors