All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I'm not a nugget hunter, but a few things that may help others answer your question: Are you talking about fed, state, county or city land?

And oddly, the answers can vary depending on what you're finding/searching for. For example, sometimes there's cultural heritage verbage when it comes to detecting .... right? But naturally occuring nuggets are not under the over-or-under 50 yr., rule, so would having nothing to do with archaeological garbage. And ... heck, some people are even now meteorite hunting, so they would side-skirt any rules about minerals and such, since, afterall: meteorites come from space, and are not produced from the ground. Or heck, better yet: you're just looking for the wedding ring your wife lost here last week, RIGHT? :)

Hi I have a 2.5 Angus Mackirk highbanker, I have tryed to get info from DEEP on the laws of prospecting in CT with no luck. I have used it three time with no problems, but i would like to do it buy the book thanks

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I have a 2.5 Angus Mackirk highbanker, I have tryed to get info from DEEP on the laws of prospecting in CT with no luck. I have used it three time with no problems, but i would like to do it buy the book thanks

Welcome to the addiction from White Plains, New York! I run a gold prospecting school in Arizona, where I grew up. On our BLM page BLM, Bureau of Land Management Office Locations I have listed all of the BLM offices. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), http://www.blm.gov is the agency that can answer your questions. The other suggestion I have, is to join a local club. Google "Connecticut Gold Prospecting Club." Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread