TREASURE ATTORNEY

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
franklin did you find the grave or graves they buried the money in HH I 'll help dig and tote it for 1 % lol time to retire

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
franklin, I have followed several others of your posts, on various forums, and have seen you are really into the various "legends" cache stories, etc..... Have you ever given thought to how these old legends start? Any such one you read in any book or magazine (the treasure magazines were FILLED with them, back in the late '60s to mid 1970s), are so fun to read, and the human mind wants SO hard to believe (lest you be "left out"), etc.... But you have to be little scrutinizing to realize how silly and simply made up, or non existent, they really are.

Let me give you a true story, to illustrate the psychology of how quickly such nonsense gets started, and then .... 100 yrs. later, is just taken as "gospel fact". Heck, throw in a few faded newspaper clippings, a drawing of a miner posed next to his burro, a few " and presto, you'd be a fool not to go get it. All you need is a lawyer, right?

Ok, here's the true story of how this type stuff is born, and are all just fanciful legends:

There was an oldtown urban commercial district sidewalk demolition tearout, in a city near me a few years ago. A buddy of mine was down on it, every day, and was finding old seated and barbers coins under each section they ripped out. You know. .... fumble fingers losses from back in the days when the sidewalks were wood and dirt. Each day they would progress 4 or 5 more store fronts down, till eventually, they were going to have finished 4 or 5 blocks, on each side, of new downtown sidewalks. And each day, the workers would curiously come over to see what each day's finds were.

One of those days, my friend found a two or three silver coins, and an old amulet thing, in the shape of an owl, that looked like it might be gold. As my friend stopped to look at, and rub the dirt off this owl shaped amulet charm thing, a few of the workers came over to see what he'd found. As the 3 of them looked at it, he told them "it looks like gold" (because it was gold colored). And as they looked closer, they could see there was some sort of red sparkly stones for the eyes of the owl. So he told them: "wow, those might be rubies". And based on the age of the coins he was finding, he said "and it might be from the 1800s!". He put it in his apron, continued hunting, and the workers went back to work. That night, my friend got home and cleaned and studied the owl thing more. Turned out to be just gold plated, and with nothing but colored glass chips for the eyes, and probably just costume junk jewelry from the 1920s.

The next day, my friend was out there again in the afternoon, to start working the next day's tearout. As he was hunting, he could see a tractor worker kept looking at him. My friend noticed that this worker was a new worker, whom he hadn't previously seen or met yet (a new worker to this particular job-site). Eventually, the new guy gets off his tractor, works up his courage, and comes over to ask what my friend had found. My friend told him "nothing but some junk. I just got started". The worker tells him that "yesterday, a guy was here and found lots of gold and silver coins from the 1800s!". My friend was startled by this, and wondered if someone hadn't either come before him, or after he'd left, and found stuff. So he started asking the guy questions about this supposed guy who had been finding all these coins. And the worker added in that the mystery fellow had found "a solid gold owl with priceless rubies in the eyes!". When my friend heard the word " ...owl...", he realized the worker was talking about HIM! Doh.

So he corrected the worker and told him: "No, that was me, and no, I only found a few coins, and no, none of the coins were gold, and no, the owl charm was not 'gold', and didn't have any gems in it", etc.... But the worker would NOT be dissuaded! He assumed therefore, that there must've been another hunter there the day before, who had found these things. Because, he told my friend, that he had heard it from his other co-workers (around the water-cooler talk), who were FIRST HAND witnesses. So therefore, my friend must be mistaken, and there must've been someone else there.

Now Franklin, this "embellishment" happened in the space of just 24 hrs! And what had been a "few coins", turned into "handfuls" of coins. And what had been "I think it might be gold" turns into "it's gold". And so forth. And when you add 100 yrs, where this worker tells his son, who tells a grandson, etc.... Pretty soon it will just be impossible to dispel. I mean, afterall franklin, these were "eye-witnesses". Only workers had authority to be on that job. And it was THEIR job afterall.

And I bet you, that if someone wants to find the "rest of that gold" under those streets, and goes to get a lawyer to allow him to dig up the streets, and when the city resists, then in the mind of the faithful believers, even THAT will just be MORE PROOF that the gold must certainly be there, and that the city knows, so is therefore part of the conspiracy plot to hide things.

Anyhow, I hope you'll take this to heart. All those stories sound like this: "The dying miner drags themselves into the wild-west saloon. He's the last survivor of an indian attack. He spills his story of fabulous riches to onlookers in the saloon, giving 3 valuable clues to his forutune ..... But unfortunately dies before being able to go back and get to his buried riches" blah blah blah. Yawns like that sold lots of treasure mag's back in the 1970s. If you want even more to chase (and so you can go find more lawyers to hire), just go get back issues of any one from the mid '70s and earlier.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yup. And I didn't expect you to say anything less. Howabout all the other stories on the other such cache legends threads you've written in on. Are those true too? Or only this one now?

As I say , it's hard not to dis-believe a good treasure story . Just like in the example of that construction worker i gave you, he just couldn't be dissuaded ! Even with the person in question RIGHT THERE to set the record straight .

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you read a story, and became convinced it's true. Now you claim to have "achieved your objective" even though you have nothing in your hands. NOW you are trying to hire an attorney to keep chasing this rainbow. At least the lawyer will get a little richer.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only wish all treasure hunters the best of luck and admire all the research time that some folks put in to the pursuit. I love the historic element of these hunts being an old student of history.

That said I often question the catagory of lost CSA mega hordes. I think it is very common knowledge that the CSA did not have 2 nickels to rub together especially by the end of the war. Their army continually suffered from massive shortages of all types and the war ended with the CSA in debt to many foreign countries and a completely worthless currency. Also Where would the CSA even get this type of money in the first place - it just didn't exist in the south ever. And certainly absolutely no record exists - though like every gov the CSA did keep fairly good records. Also think of the number of people that would have to be involved just to transport - and not a single one talked or went back to retrieve. I also bet that if they did have any money left by the end of the war it would have been evacuated to Britain, Canada or Bermuda as opposed to secretly buried somewhere?

I do believe small caches were certainly hidden during the war either by soldiers or people fleeing the yanks - surprised more mders don't pull sterling silvers dinner ware out of the ground near old plantations.

Best of luck to everyone with their hunts - in the end I think that's half the fun anyways.

Eric

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you all the luck, I really do......With that said do you really think even if there was outside chance there is any gold there that the government is going to allow you to dig in a national cemetery to recover it....? You better have deep pockets because even if if there is a 1 in 10,000 chance it really exists the government's lawyers can keep this tied up in courts till your great-grand kids are old....

Highly doubt you will find a lawyer to do it for free with little to no chance of ever getting paid for the thousands of hours that will be required....They can make what your say your paying on cases a lot more promising..... It's not like it's a treasure ship off shore, your talking digging up a grave in a national cemetery...........

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope your dream comes true. Every man needs that one thing in life to drive him. Whether it be God, family, work,ect... I'm sure there is a firm out there somewhere that would be willing to do it for a share. Watch out who and how much you share your info with. You'll be overstepped. I don't know about contacting the President... (no political tone) Maybe contact the Finderskeepers guys for info or the Fisher's (Atocha). You need an investor or someone willing to gamble on your info.
Good luck ! P.s. If your dream comes true.. I can attend to your estate while you travel the world. : )

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
franklin said:
Eric, You and all historians that write and re-write the same stories about the South being broke is completely untrue. The South before during and after the Civil War had more specie and assets than did the North. This was mostly the reason for the Civil War was the North's jealousy of the South being so rich. Where are all of the Stately Mansions located in the North or the South?

Everyone can be assured that the Lost Confederate Gold has been found. It has taken two years for us to get where we are now and it may take another two years before any recovery but the Lost Confederate Gold has been found. There are a total of 38 treasure vaults-------ten belong to President Jefferson Davis, two belonged to General Breckenridge and as for the other 26 I do not know until we recover further evidence and information ========= that is what I need an attorney for surely someone out there should know of at least one that could use a few million dollars. The smallest of these treasure vaults contain 12 tons of gold bars valued at $600 million dollars the larger vaults we do not know the amount or value.

I mailed a letter out to the President of the United States today. May take months to hear from that one.

The Souths wealth was based on agriculture - specifically cotton with its primary export market to northern textile mills and England. This trade completely ground to a halt with the onset of the war and the blockade of the south. Northern wealth was industrial wealth hence why there are no big plantations.

One of the primary reasons the south lost was a lack of adequate and modern equipment - as they probably had the better trained troups and better generals. Why would the south loose the war because they didn't have enough stuff while sitting on a pile of gold?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but there is no treasures in a National Cemetery?
Sorry, I asked several times if it was national cemetery you always replied you had relatives permission so figured it was. For government to be involved it has to be a federal cemetery of some type...

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
franklin,
It may be reasonable to believe there is no attorney who specializes in only land found/discovered treasures. But his 'close cousin' would be a Virginia attorney who is familiar with claims associated with the sea- a marine/maritime attorney. You might ask one of them if they'd take on your case?
Don....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin,coming in late here but have you a regular attorney? Mine can usually point me in the right direction if its out side his expertise.
Sounds odd i know but he is a great resource as well as person.
Worse case a local attorney with good references from local folk could have a lead. They could all do research but i understand you want experience in the matter good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
releventchair, Thanks. I have checked with an attorney I use for things like traffic tickets and such but this is over all their heads. I have even checked with ex-congressmen that are attorneys. They tell me they can not help me. There are a total of 83 attorneys in my area, I have either been in their offices or telephoned them------none will take the case. One told us his fee----we offered to pay his fee======he told us he could not do it because he would be just taking our money and the outcome would not suit us. What he meant by that I don't know. But anyway thank you.

Seems pretty clear to me, he wouldn't feel right taking your money when he feels he has no chance of winning the case.............

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

..... -none will take the case. One told us his fee----we offered to pay his fee======he told us he could not do it because he would be just taking our money and the outcome would not suit us. What he meant by that I don't know.....

You don't "know" what he meant by that? Well Treasure-hunter figured it out, and he's right. And the reason why he has "no chance of winning the case", is NOT because of uncle-sam's lawyers being more crafty, or the laws not being able to be construed to do it, either. It's most likely because those lawyers too think you are a dreamer chasing an embellished fantasy legend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread