OREGON: House bill introduced that ultimately effects land use rules.

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you live in Oregon, please be aware of the committee meeting on the schedule for this coming Monday: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1/Committees/HRULES/2013-02-25-15-00/Agenda

Take action by telling the members of the House Rules Committee what you think of this bill that fosters voter ignorance and veils the candidates.

As it stands right now, Oregon's county commissioners file by party, and I think we all know which party, generally speaking, wants to keep us locked out of publicly-owned lands.

If passed, this law would make commissioners non-partisan and thus not allow us to get a basic idea of candidates' ideologies. Are they for small government/big freedom or big government/little freedom? Of course, looking at where their money comes from and who their friends are is a great way to discern this, and it should be done, but out there in low-information voter land, it is very helpful to know the basic info regarding party affiliation.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Karen D, I don't see anything about metal detecting, or restrictions to being on public land there, in your link. Perhaps you have the wrong link ?

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You won't find the words "mining" or "dredging" in this. This would *indirectly* impact mining in Oregon, by county, via planning. No, I don't have the wrong link.
Here is a link to Josephine Co. Commissioner's meeting agenda and you'll see that there is a connection: http://www.co.josephine.or.us/Calendar.asp?View=EVENT&EventID=3559

We don't want any progressive, Agenda 21, radical environmentalists getting into offices which allow them to determine land use, and quite frankly, I don't want them anywhere.

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You won't find the words "mining" or "dredging" in this. This would *indirectly* impact mining in Oregon, by county, via planning. No, I don't have the wrong link.
Here is a link to Josephine Co. Commissioner's meeting agenda and you'll see that there is a connection: Josephine County Online - Calendar

We don't want any progressive, Agenda 21, radical environmentalists getting into offices which allow them to determine land use, and quite frankly, I don't want them anywhere.

If you don't like this stuff, then go to Russia...wait a minute, this sounds like Russia, my bad!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heh.
My point is that it is easier just to not plant the noxious weed than to keep sipping off unwanted branches.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link to Josephine Co. Commissioner's meeting agenda and you'll see that there is a connection: Josephine County Online - Calendar

KarenD - I like your style. The "change" is happening very insidiously. One of these days in the not too distant future America will be a different place.
Merchants of Despair: Radical Environmentalists, Criminal Pseudo-Scientists, and the Fatal Cult of Antihumanism (New Atlantis Books): Robert Zubrin: 9781594034763: Amazon.com: Books

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Exactly. Looks like a riveting read.

All govt-sponsored roads lead to servitude and depopulation.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you live in Oregon, please be aware of the committee meeting on the schedule for this coming Monday: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1/Committees/HRULES/2013-02-25-15-00/Agenda

Take action by telling the members of the House Rules Committee what you think of this bill that fosters voter ignorance and veils the candidates.

As it stands right now, Oregon's county commissioners file by party, and I think we all know which party, generally speaking, wants to keep us locked out of publicly-owned lands.

If passed, this law would make commissioners non-partisan and thus not allow us to get a basic idea of candidates' ideologies. Are they for small government/big freedom or big government/little freedom? Of course, looking at where their money comes from and who their friends are is a great way to discern this, and it should be done, but out there in low-information voter land, it is very helpful to know the basic info regarding party affiliation.

WOW - never seen so much scary stuff on one page. And no time to react.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This liberal trash needs to be stopped......Lets hope people wake up!
While I do not live in Oregon I used to (Rogue River) I love Oregon especially the prospecting. I would love to at least make a vacation out of a prospecting trip back there some day.....this is very disturbing.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Oregon! This idea that the Government knows better how to spend our money and run our lives is a cancer that needs to be excised from our lives or we will end up like all the 3rd world hell holes that our ancestors risked their lives to escape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread