🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[h=1][FONT=&quot]Just received this Newsletter
figured I'd pass it on

Task Force members:

Over the past several months we have been in talks with much of the metal detecting community. Our talks have been with everyone from executives in the metal detecting business to the casual weekend treasure hunter. We have found there is a common concern about "policymakers" overreaching their authority and arbitrarily closing public lands to the lawful hobby of recreational metal detecting.

While our previous call campaigns have been successful in some areas, we realize the need to take this to the next level. The Task Force has decided to support legal efforts in three battleground locations. We are retaining lawyers in Illinois, Kentucky and New York.

In conjunction with addressing these problems by utilizing local lawyers, we will also need your support by having you email/call voicing your concerns. We will email you contact information at the appropriate time.

Now that things are in motion, we will be updating you (Task Force members) on a much more frequent basis.

Thank you all for your continued support of this great hobby.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h]
Detecting Rights - Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
thanx for posting Jeff.

This task force is seeking to reverse already-existing spots with restrictions. Good.

The only thing I would add is, for the readers here (and anyone following the progress of this group, etc...) that this type solidarity does NOT mean that we should all go a step beyond that, and try to "pre-empt" other areas without such rules. The reason I say this, is that there is sometimes a reaction that people have had, when reading about such things (reading about "permits" and "legal hassles" and "rules" and "bootings" etc...): The instinctively go to their OWN locales (city or county or whatever) seeking to know if there are "permits" required, and asking "can I?" type questions. Or thinking it would be grand to suggest to their city or county or state to implement a "permit" system (thinking this would "head off" such stories as they're reading about). But then an un-intended result comes from such actions: Places, who might never have dreamed of any "no's" or rules for md'ing, all of the sudden start looking into the matter, and actually COMING UP with rules and no's.

In fact, perhaps even the very hot-spots that this solidarity is trying to reverse, perhaps even themselves had their nacent beginnings in such inquiries being brought in to state's (or whatevers) bureaucrats.

Thus if this group (if they are reading this) can stress in their material, that if anyone is skittish about such things in THEIR exact locale, to look up the rules for oneself. That this is not to be construed as rationale for people to go making themselves a big red "x" in need of scrutiny, in places where no one has ever cared before.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If this group turns into another PLP (and it sure sounds like they are), they will lose my support real fast. The LAST thing we need to do is start paying more lawyers to argue with other lawyers. We need to focus on public relations and famlily participation, and start educating at the local level through charity and youth events. Spending our money on lawyers is a complete waste of resources!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I JUST SIGNED UP-------THANKS FOR THE INFO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread