anyone ever had a tresspass on church property or school property after dark?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
It may get you treasure too. Why always the negative? :dontknow: There again, have you ANY incident you can cite where a detectorist got shot detecting at night?

Hey, if it wasn't for careful people like Honest Sam, bring all of us "back to center", then .... we'd all be at risk of getting shot, arrested, snared by the IRS, etc.... Why do you think he got his name "Honest" Sam after all ? Someone has to uphold the "far right" after all :laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to bend pretty far right too, but, if I had that much paranoia, I wouldn't get out of bed! :laughing7:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Treasure hunting at night may get you shot, not for me.
that too ! like i said long as nobody gets hurt ! i'm not that lucky and nobody here has found me a good luck charm yet ! go figure ! so what do i need friends for ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I tend to bend pretty far right too, but, if I had that much paranoia, I wouldn't get out of bed! :laughing7:
yea now see i dont get that ? left right ? so you're a righter huh ? duh ? what religion is dat ? i still did'nt get my manual let alone my good luck charm ? if i only had a bed to get out of ? keep that up and you'll get a warning from the moderators about politic's ? yep......yep !

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may get you treasure too. Why always the negative? :dontknow: There again, have you ANY incident you can cite where a detectorist got shot detecting at night?
That would be on local news. I believe that property owners would not give permission to search their property at night. Then, you may get arrested or shot by a person who just rob you. Not for me.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that too ! like i said long as nobody gets hurt ! i'm not that lucky and nobody here has found me a good luck charm yet ! go figure ! so what do i need friends for ?
For you friend to help you to find treasures and or give to money for rent and food. I would like to help you with money but I am poor and know of any treasures. Good hunting and good luck.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep waiting, I am short of money for a while because I just got a new girlfriend with expenses tastes.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep waiting, I am short of money for a while because I just got a new girlfriend with expenses tastes.

Sorry to hear that! I like my women like my detectors......quality, low maintenance, user friendly, and always there for you! :laughing7:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used

ah one of those high maintenance one's huh ? yeah they're fun while the gravy train is there to support the habit. but when the gravy train ends ? oh ! oh ! i'm too petered out for that now. best of luck to ya buddy.

Mar 24, 2018
Quad Cities
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer AT w/Z-Lynk, Sunray X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going back to the original post, as a former LEO we would politely ask you to leave the property unless the property owner wanted to press the charge, but this was rarely the case as it would involve time and commitment on their part to follow the case through the legal proceedings. However, repeat offenses could result in a charge without the property owner, but again this would be extremely rare. The best option is to get permission from the property owner for any day/night access and I would like to think that most people are already following this guideline. Happy hunting!

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
so i had an after thought after reading more of these responses. to the op was it more exhilarating to be metal detecting after dark ? or when the cops pulled up and shined the spotlight on you with all their lights on ? and did they yell at you on the ground dirt bag and spread eagle ? oh yeah with their guns pointed at you ?

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Trespassing is trespassing no matter how you cut it; that said I hope the courts make an example out of you instead of using your case to punish the rest of the MDers. Used to one mistake was just that, then it became many mistakes, now people can cite minor issues such as this and then jump the gun and cite extreme cases such as MDers hitting protected civil war sites like they did about two years ago.

Its crap and it sucks, you could have asked. Hope it stays out of the papers.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
another after thought ? women need to start wearing signs on their bodies ? NO TRESSPASSING ! front and back !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread