cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an accidental send you are very creative Cuda the next word was going to be improved
I went to cancel but pushed send .ps do you have a king cuda
I drive a Plymouth Barracuda. :icon_thumleft:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There one of my favorite muscle cars I'm trying to get my boss to give up his 67 roadrunner
It's rotting away in his back yard it's been there since before I started thirteen years ago

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh the car from the movie phantasm the hemi cuda

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There one of my favorite muscle cars I'm trying to get my boss to give up his 67 roadrunner
It's rotting away in his back yard it's been there since before I started thirteen years ago
The Road Runner model didn't start until the '68 model year.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wyomingmedic, you paint a pretty bleak picture of the horrors that will befall someone who gets near RR tracks. But I'm sure you've been in small towns (heck, even big ones), where RR tracks go right through town, border businesses, etc... And people cross them, or walk along-side of them, all the time. In my city, for instance, the RR tracks go right through our "blighted" district (aka "chinatown" district). And there is a perpetual homeless persons's shanty town little tent-city there (near the rescue mission soup-kitchen district). And ........ no one seems to pay them mind. Nor somone walking down the tracks, etc...

I'm not saying that this necessarily means that if I called the RR and asked "Hi, can I walk along-side the tracks please?" that they'd say "sure, go ahead". Of course they'd be obligated to say "no". And perhaps even recite all types of stuff like you've listed here. But...... in actual practice ....... people walk along side tracks all the time.

not sure how this turned out but recently the railroad decided people couldn't park their cars
along the track in Tremont (see: Railroad) because of this
Tremont decided they would try & charge the railroad a fee for every RR car that comes through town :laughing7:

again, I haven't read any updates.

Railroad

Another parking problem had surfaced last month, this one along Crescent Street where the Reading and Northern Railroad Company has erected "No Parking" signs along their tracks.
Since receiving the letter informing the board of the action which would be effective August 30, Donmoyer said he has been looking for a place for residents to park. Richmond Screw, he said, has been asked, but there is always a question of liability. The borough has offered to put up a fence so people could not park close to the tracks, as well as keep the weeds cut, but the railroad company would not agreed.

http://citizenstandard.com/news/tremont-council-adds-two-1.1374900

Last edited:

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's sad, they can't even stop real crime nowa days...

Last edited:

gfordtx

Jul 16, 2013
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 + Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I work for a state prison in Texas, and haven't had much issue anywhere I have detected with my State ID on my person when detecting. I research for many months before going out to a ghost town area, and often check with local law enforcement and am told as long as there are no historical markers directly at the site it is ok if I don't talk much about the location and as long as I ask permission if on private property they could care less.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or how about this one. Would anyone dare cross this?

Heck, I might even metal detect that path. With that much heavy foot traffic some people are going to drop stuff. LOL !!!

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same thing as a boy for countless summers. I never knew I could get arrested.

Me too. Used to put pennies on the tracks just to see how big they got when the train ran over them.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand this at all. My buddies and I have been pushing RR tracks for 25 years pheasant hunting. We have never been harrassed in anyway. We have been stopped by the DNR officials to ask us for license - though they never said anything about being on the tracks..........baffles my mind.........:dontknow:

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad tok me pheasant hunting around the tracks when i was a kid. Last fall i took a hunters safely course with my son so he could hunt. Dnr explained to everyone that hunting is not allowed on rr tracks or their rite of way.
I asked my dad and he said when he was younger they always hunted there, that someone must have said it was ok.
In reality the rr tracks and rite of way are personal property. It would be just the same as if i walked onto your property and started detecting.
Just because we or our friends or fathers did it doesnt make it right.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the charge was trespassing he should have taken your shoes not your detector for evidence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread