Difference between discussions of law, and discussing politics

Ripsaw

Mar 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is primarily for TH, in regards to my recently locked thread. Thanks bud.

Does anyone here, know or understand the difference between the two ?

Discussions of the law and legal issues, and discussing politics ?

Can you have one without the other ?

This is, after all, a forum for discussion of legal issues surrounding and encompassing treasure hunting isn't it ?

The one thing fundamental to all of these questions is, there is a difference. A big difference, and in the aforementioned thread that was locked, I found no evidence of any talk about politics whatsoever, only the laws, and opinions about the laws. Nobody posted anything about electing certain officials or so and so's, or posted anything about the policies of any certain politician or political party.

If opinions are not allowed on a forum, about specific areas, like the legal aspects of that area, is it really a forum ?
I think not.

I will be anxiously awaiting response if anyone can explain their position on this issue, on this so called forum. This would aid and benefit all the members, I believe, to learn the differences between the two. Law discussions about legal issues and political discussions.

Is this entire post political ? .....No..... But I guess that depends on your opinion of what is political ? Doesn't it ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Rip-saw, if I can offer one word of advice, that might keep any such "locks" in the future, is to keep the text shorter. I know it's not easy, when you have a lot you want to say. I too have gotten long-winded when I get a bee-in-my-bonnet about certain md'ing related topics. But the longer your post gets, the more likely it is to a) not be read to begin with, and b) be seen by mod's as going over the limit.

Yes I know that's not addressing the content question you had, but ... just saying ... that in actual practice, length seems to bore people, including moderators. And it begins to sound like "jail-house lawyer" talk, and attention drifts from the very topic you tried to start.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics is not allowed on any forum but the politics forum...

Your follow up posts to thread in question were political according to admins standards and since you were the original poster thread was deleted.

You could have asked me this via PM and gotten a much faster reply....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ripsaw I read your post and yes it got long, but I loved every bit of it, I don't know if every thing you say is right, but I don't care, that may sound dumb, but if people on this forum can't listen to other people and decide what is right or wrong for themselves the are already in trouble. After all I still believe in freedom of speech!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions