Treasure hunting overseas

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Probably not on your carry-on luggage. I mean, since they are weapons/gunpowder related. Sheesk, you can't even have nail-clippers in your onboard. Eh? But for your "checked" luggage, I bet simple individual bullets are not an issue. Maybe only if it were a giant parrot shell or something, ha!

If you're still really worried, here's another tip to getting stuff back to the USA from over-seas: A buddy of mine , as a tourist in the middle east countries, did this to bring back some coins (long story). You simply go to ANY vendor, who deals with tourists. And whatever you buy (a lamp, a rug, a painting, etc...) it's not unusual to tell the merchant/proprietor: "ship this to my address in the USA". And those sellers have routine channels set up to ship things to customers overseas. And then you merely say "oh, and please put this box in the same shipping package...."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only a few spent casings I would do my checked baggage as an ex ray would show they had no lead or powder. I would never carry them on me or in my carry-on luggage... If it is a lot of spent shells ship them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions