tickets and fines for detecting

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't most of these idiots going on protected lands and metal detecting thinking they wont get caught? I don't feel bad for them one bit. Now of course the liberal media loves to portray anything like this or mining as bad for the environment which we all know is a crock of S. Problem is where are the good stories yea I occasionally see them on the forums and on the 17th page of a a news paper but why aren't they more front page like the other BS we see on the negative articles. Anyhow food for thought I guess and just do your homework don't assume you can detect anywhere and everywhere.. I almost can in Nevada but there are still rules your supposed to follow.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't most of these idiots going on protected lands and metal detecting thinking they wont get caught? I don't feel bad for them one bit. Now of course the liberal media loves to portray anything like this or mining as bad for the environment which we all know is a crock of S. Problem is where are the good stories yea I occasionally see them on the forums and on the 17th page of a a news paper but why aren't they more front page like the other BS we see on the negative articles. Anyhow food for thought I guess and just do your homework don't assume you can detect anywhere and everywhere.. I almost can in Nevada but there are still rules your supposed to follow.
In this supposedly "free" country, YES, I assume I can detect anywhere I choose unless it's private property or there is some written prohibition on a particular piece of public land I want to hunt. Just look it up to see.

darmentle

Jul 7, 2014
Redding
Detector(s) used
ForsGold+ ,Garrett AT Pro,Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the Kings Lands not yours dont forget that :)

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
This is the Kings Lands not yours dont forget that :)

Yup. And the king will be very proud of me for saving artifacts for preservation purposes, on my mantle place.

Or put another way: How has "the king been harmed"? If he & no one knew the objects existed. How did the object even exist? Unless when I brought it to the surface and paraded around ? Ie.: Who's been harmed ? Who lost anything ?

An example would be: All of us would shutter with terror at the thought of lifting loose change, or their wristwatch , off someone's night-stand at their house. Right ? That's downright theft, and we all instinctively know that's wrong. But if you find "loose change" in the park or beach, doesn't that technically belong the administering agency ? Hence you "stole" it ? Or doesn't that technically belong to future generation archies, so that future generations are robbed from learning about their past ?

So while each scenario can use the word "theft" and "stealing" in the same way (archies accusing us of that), YET YOU INSTINCTIVELY know the difference. One contains harm, d/t the object is apparent and know. The other involves objects which are un-known to anyone.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread