Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are the ones who walk the walk and there are the ones who just do nothing but talk.

I'm guilty! I changed some of my views since the beginning of the thread! That is why I erased posts! If this is something Franklin wants to chase? Who am I to say otherwise! I believe he is sincere in what he believes! I don't have to agree with him, but not my place to tell him not to chase his dreams! :thumbsup:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, if he believes good .That a start. Most only dream I know how he feels. Don't let none of these guys bring you down to their level. Not talking about you Crispin. We know how you are. I well ck.out the hart paper.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm guilty! I changed some of my views since the beginning of the thread! That is why I erased posts! If this is something Franklin wants to chase? Who am I to say otherwise! I believe he is sincere in what he believes! I don't have to agree with him, but not my place to tell him not to chase his dreams! :thumbsup:

Ok, let's test this theory out: Let's say I came on-board here , looking for public/fellow-hobbyist input. And I revealed that I had gotten my clues from the back of a Capt'n Crunch cereal box treasure map. Would everything you're saying in the quote above, apply to that too? Remember, you gotta be consistent ! :)

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, let's test this theory out: Let's say I came on-board here , looking for public/fellow-hobbyist input. And I revealed that I had gotten my clues from the back of a Capt'n Crunch cereal box treasure map. Would everything you're saying in the quote above, apply to that too? Remember, you gotta be consistent ! :)

Yes! But you were looking for opinions!

I see where you are headed!...... Was he looking for opinions from us on his treasure? Or was he looking for investors? I got your point and yes, I'm probably not consistent! I agree!

If someone came on the board and said hey, what do you think of my theory? Then yes open game!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is his right if he choses to believe and not be berated, attacked, ridiculed or harassed for it... If he got clues off a cereal box and believes that is his right..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TH'r. Correct. So long any answer, to the conclusion of doubt, is not by definition labeled as: "berated" "ridiculed" and "harassed".

Remember it is mods who decide if members are being "berated" "ridiculed" and "harassed"....

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because he believes he has found treasure does not mean that the treasure isn't where he says it is. Many treasure hunters have been told they were crazy just before a discovery is made. I say. . Go for it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
..... Many treasure hunters have been told they were crazy just before a discovery is made. .....

Sure. But conversely, how often have we seen persons quite certain of treasures, only to end chasing their tale with ghost-story type treasure-lore & superstitions ? The fact that once in awhile someone finds a goodie, that others were skeptical of (Mel Fisher, etc...) does not logically conclude that: "Therefore all treasure leads are of equal merit and validity". On the contrary: Skeptical analysis is very-much-called for in our hobby.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure. But conversely, how often have we seen persons quite certain of treasures, only to end chasing their tale with ghost-story type treasure-lore & superstitions ? The fact that once in awhile someone finds a goodie, that others were skeptical of (Mel Fisher, etc...) does not logically conclude that: "Therefore all treasure leads are of equal merit and validity". On the contrary: Skeptical analysis is very-much-called for in our hobby.

I agree! We can say the same thing about other forms of research where millions and billions are wasted on something that people think are a cause. OH say the latest EPA accident.

I know it isn't quite the same thing, but I'm trying to keep it in rules.:laughing7: That, and for treasure hunters it's a hobby. I share your thoughts, but I also support the idea of a dream or hobby. So, I guess I'm all mixed up!:laughing7: But, no as a business chance? not a good thing to put all your energy into. As a hobby? sure! Go for it!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
and no amount of counter-persuasion will dissuade you from believing you don't have an exact "x-marks-the-spot", right ? For example, if you finally got investors and govt. permission to dig a 10 ft. pit there, and found nothing, you would probably conclude that it must therefore be 20 ft. deep. And if they dug 20 ft. deep and nothing was there, well then that simply means it must be 30 ft., right ? And so on and so forth, till finally you can dig no deeper (water fills your holes, or you run out of investor drilling/digging money, etc....). And you would conclude that the treasure was probably "only 5 ft. below that, still there , yet not recovered". At no time have you not "found the treasure" mind you.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No actually I have how deep it is, what it is contained in, the amount in dollars, the distance to target and the compass reading. All I need to do is dig....

Ok. But let me guess: Government regulations, lack of investors, property owner permissions, depth it's at, personal physical limitations, etc.... have all stymied you from simply going there to dig it up . Right ?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FRANKLIN,

Here is a simple answer for what you want. Are your finds on public or private land? If they are on private land, all you need is the landowner's permission. If on public lands, you will need a Treasure Trove Permit. A mining claim will not work in this case because your gold has been smelted and processed. A Treasure Trove Permit is required to recover processed/smelted and refined gold or silver bars, coins, plates, jewelry, etc. If you can convince a government entity that your evidence is strong enough to warrant a treasure trove permit, then you should be able to find no small number of investors. But be advised, government types have seen and heard all kinds of theories based on family secrets, google earth, map dowsing, etc. It is tough without REAL HARD evidence to convince them.

TREASURE TROVE PERMIT = If you get it, they will come!

Mike

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds to me that you are unclear on the status of the land where the treasure is buried Franklin.

Mike (gollum) tried to set you on a productive path to help you recover your find. I deal with land status and land access issues professionally so I may be able to help guide you in your recovery efforts. (no I'm not looking for a job)

I have no desire to know the location of your treasure but without simple information such as whether the land is privately owned or publicly managed it will be difficult for anyone to help guide you to the financing you desire. Any knowledgeable investor is going to start with these same simple questions.

To begin:

Is the land privately owned?

If not what public entity manages the land? (State, County, Municipal, TVA, COE etc.)

Land laws, including treasure ownership, have a lot to do with the feasibility of your recovery project. Land laws are different in each State so the State in which the treasure is located is important too.

The GSA really doesn't have anything to do with protecting bugs, snakes or rats so you can put that worry out of your mind. It is unlikely that the GSA would have anything to do with your treasure unless the treasure is underneath a government owned facility.
GSA provides workplaces by constructing, managing, and preserving government buildings and by leasing and managing commercial real estate.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....But be advised, government types have seen and heard all kinds of theories based on family secrets, google earth, map dowsing, etc. It is tough without REAL HARD evidence to convince them.....

What ?? You mean they AREN'T convinced when someone comes in with map-dowsing iron-clad evidence ? Just goes to show how illogical the government is, eh ? I mean, what better proof of a treasure can there be than THAT ? :laughing7:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is correct Treasure_Hunter. I have seen names of Mel Fisher's investors over the years. And investors of treasure hunters on A&E or the History Channel. I thought there may be a group or list of these investors.

Many treasure salvors keep that list close and many investors do not wish for their names to be disclosed. Investors magically appear when there is potential for reward especially with proven treasure hunters. I say this having known some successful investors. They never mentioned it until they had recovered their investments as it kept their shares and returns high.
I am sure you can google the people who reaped a profit from many adventures. Am sure some on Mels list are still alive. Good luck!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
am I the only one who wonders about all these tons and billions of gold that are buried?
With so much gold it amazes me that the confederacy couldn't even provide shoes for it's troops

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South didn't have factories full of sewing machines, the North did....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions